Aspen and SP2 / Acceleration

ChrisB

Before I start kicking my box, let me kick yours :lol:

Aspen appears to have a lot of problems right now - flickering ground textures, aircraft position on start is below ground, half the ILS approach is pointing at a mountaintop - part of the scenery is there too (runway approach lights... on the map thy are at the point of the ILS arrow...

If it's not the Aerosoft file, I have a problem :wink:

Hello Chris,

this does not look good. I too have some problems with acceleration (NVIDIA card). Have you checked that Aspen has a higher priority in the scenery library than any of the fsx sceneries? I am not sure if acceleration can mix up the priorities if you have any sceneries pre-installed.

Kind regards

Manuel

Just checked - nope, there was a bat file with my last install from Aerosoft, that had an option to rebuild the library files, so my library has Aerosoft AFD at the top and runs down the list to German Landmarks at the bottom of the Aerosoft list.

Mind you - if that ILS marker works, it would be a hell of a blind approach into Pitkin... the point of that arrow ends in "Cumulo Granitus"

• Aerosoft
Just checked - nope, there was a bat file with my last install from Aerosoft, that had an option to rebuild the library files, so my library has Aerosoft AFD at the top and runs down the list to German Landmarks at the bottom of the Aerosoft list.

Mind you - if that ILS marker works, it would be a hell of a blind approach into Pitkin... the point of that arrow ends in "Cumulo Granitus"

If I quietly point you to page 6 of the manual that explains the ILS pointing towards the mountain is in fact an aid to save your sorry behind from getting spread over Cumulo Granitus in case you need to go missed.... would that solve that problem?

Mind you, that did not save everybody all the time, it is a very dangerous airport. It is well known to kill.

Oh Poop!!! Thanks for the RTFM there Mathijs! That, at least, explains the ILS objects on the mountain! :lol: :lol:

Besides - I rarely use ILS so I usually ignore such parts in handbooks... typical!

Anyway - the other problems are still there - flickering textures, start points "under" the runway at times... But no doubt there's an RTFM for that too... :wink:

wanders off, stage left, trailing a red face...]

Anyway - the other problems are still there - flickering textures, start points "under" the runway at times... But no doubt there's an RTFM for that too... :wink:

wanders off, stage left, trailing a red face...]

Have these been fixed :?: - Because I'm thinking about purchasing this....

• 3 weeks later...

An answer would be nice if there is an update planned to fix the flickering textures. The start point under the runway does not often happen to me but I've seen other things like the runway beeing transparent at night.

So, is there help on the way? Thanks for letting us know.

• Aerosoft
Hello Folks,

I would believe that if these issues are caused by FSX SP2 then the developers will be working on fixes for them. I'll try to find out about this particular one.

Could people please report if these are indeed seen on SP2? I do not see them on SP1.

I thought they have already reported that, haven't they. I've seen flickering textures and runway transperarency at night. ChrisB has seen flickering and planes sinking into the gorund. All issues were not there with SP1 so it has to be an SP2 issue - at least this is what looks most logical.