New releases: Geneva professional and OnAir: Airline Manager

Jump to content
JackSwyr

Enter DEST Data question

Recommended Posts

I’m nearing TOD on a flight right now.  I get a message on the MCDU to enter DEST data, so what exactly do I do now?  From other flights and experimenting I have to go to activate approach first?  Is this correct?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Tutorial flight help you a lot

 

Go to your MCDU, click PERF button, move to the APPR page using the last button right bottom of the screen (NEXT).

 

There, you can enter destination runway / airport winds, QNH etc information and MDA/MDH

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ozgulkagan said:

Tutorial flight help you a lot

 

Go to your MCDU, click PERF button, move to the APPR page using the last button right bottom of the screen (NEXT).

 

There, you can enter destination runway / airport winds, QNH etc information and MDA/MDH

Thanks but it seems to me that the only way I can get access to this page is to actually "Activate" the Approach, is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post

No this is not correct. Please work through the tutorial it is all explained there ( Chapter Descent Preparation).

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

No this is not correct. Please work through the tutorial it is all explained there ( Chapter Descent Preparation).

Ok, Otto, will have a look through it in a few minutes.  But in all my flights so far, when I see that orange ENTER DEST DATA the only way I can get to the screen is when I "Activate" the approach.  I tried every button on the MCDU and there's no other way.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Ok, Otto, will have a look through it in a few minutes.  But in all my flights so far, when I see that orange ENTER DEST DATA the only way I can get to the screen is when I "Activate" the approach.  I tried every button on the MCDU and there's no other way.

 

9D7D3B6F-4F23-4CBF-BCE9-C41EB82309F8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Ok, Otto, will have a look through it in a few minutes.  But in all my flights so far, when I see that orange ENTER DEST DATA the only way I can get to the screen is when I "Activate" the approach.  I tried every button on the MCDU and there's no other way.

 

They're correct Jack (I feel funny saying that about these guys, because they are some of the most knowledgeable people in our community when it comes to the Airbus Pro!).  Just ignore the Activate Approach and press change the page twice and you'll see where to enter the Descent Data.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

 

9D7D3B6F-4F23-4CBF-BCE9-C41EB82309F8.jpeg

Yes, this is exactly as I thought.  When I get the orange message "ENTER DEST DATA" I have no choice but to "Activate APPR mode".  Only then can I enter in the QNH and etc.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

They're correct Jack (I feel funny saying that about these guys, because they are some of the most knowledgeable people in our community when it comes to the Airbus Pro!).  Just ignore the Activate Approach and press change the page twice and you'll see where to enter the Descent Data.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

Thanks Dave, will try you method as soon as I am able.  Real world stuff today for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

They're correct Jack (I feel funny saying that about these guys, because they are some of the most knowledgeable people in our community when it comes to the Airbus Pro!).  Just ignore the Activate Approach and press change the page twice and you'll see where to enter the Descent Data.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

And what page are you referring to that I must press twice?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

When you see that message. Call the PERF page. There you can cycle through the different phases as explained in the upper FCOM screenshot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, masterhawk said:

When you see that message. Call the PERF page. There you can cycle through the different phases as explained in the upper FCOM screenshot.

 

Ok, so it looks like I was correct all along.  I see the message, and I have no choice but to activate approach phase to enter the dest data.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JackSwyr said:

Ok, so it looks like I was correct all along.  I see the message, and I have no choice but to activate approach phase to enter the dest data.

 

No, it’s not required to activate the approach phase!

You activate via 6L but you can cycle through the pages via 6R!

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

No, it’s not required to activate the approach phase!

You activate via 6L but you can cycle through the pages via 6R!

 

Thanks and I’ll try this next time I make a flight.  But it’s been my experience that when I cycle through the pages via 6R all I get it “Next Phase” with no place to enter that information, hence my posting about this.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks and I’ll try this next time I make a flight.  But it’s been my experience that when I cycle through the pages via 6R all I get it “Next Phase” with no place to enter that information, hence my posting about this.

 

Jack,

 

I'm going to be on the voice server off and on today, but I should be online most all tomorrow.  Swing by and I'll sort this out for you in about 10 seconds.

 

Best wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Jack,

 

I'm going to be on the voice server off and on today, but I should be online most all tomorrow.  Swing by and I'll sort this out for you in about 10 seconds.

 

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave, most likely tomorrow, what’s a good time EST?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave, most like;y tomo

 

Looking forward to seeing you!

 

Best wishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Looking forward to seeing you!

 

Best wishes.

 

I accidentally hit the wrong button so you didn’t see my edit.  I was curious as to the best time EST?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

I accidentally hit the wrong button so you didn’t see my edit.  I was curious as to the best time EST?

 

I'm off and on today, but tomorrow... 1100 to 1600 GMT-5.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

I'm off and on today, but tomorrow... 1100 to 1600 GMT-5.

 

Thanks Dave, 0600 to 1300 EST.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave, 0600 to 1300 EST.

 

You've managed to confuse me again brother!  LOL!!!

 

I don't know if you're saying that's when you will be around, or you're trying to adjust the times I gave you? EST is currently GMT-5, so the times I provided are in fact EST times.

 

See you tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

You've managed to confuse me again brother!  LOL!!!

 

I don't know if you're saying that's when you will be around, or you're trying to adjust the times I gave you? EST is currently GMT-5, so the times I provided are in fact EST times.

 

See you tomorrow.

 

:) My bad, sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, masterhawk said:

When you see that message. Call the PERF page. There you can cycle through the different phases as explained in the upper FCOM screenshot.

 

Ok, I’m making a flight now, you were right and I was extremely wrong, sorry for all the hassles.  A huge mistake on my part.  Thank you for all your help guys!

Share this post


Link to post

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...