Unrealistic route and more

Hi, with PFPX I set a route from LICC to LIMC.

As you can see from the image below, after the KALMO point, the route continues south, up to the TORTU point, and then continues north again. In reality, such a route can not be true. Because PFPX behaves like that (obviously AIRAC are perfectly updated).

Please login to display this image.

Another question: can someone explain to me the meaning of these two warnings (in particular the second one)?

Last question: save the flight plan for A320 / A321 Professional. I read here that you just need to change the "Airbus Extended" path to C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans\, but there's nothing there, I have flight plans in E:\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans, is my folder correct?

Thank you.

Have you installed David's RAD Restrictions and Directs from the download section ? I guess not from your image.

Italy is Free Route Airspace and there is no official data source available to the community, David's files help overcome this issue but cannot resolve all routes, that is down to the user.

With Davids files here is my return, valid on first pass:

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Freccia said:

I read here that you just need to change the "Airbus Extended" path to C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans\,

This post is outdated regarding the A3xx Pro. The correct path for the Pro series is

....\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans

4 hours ago, srcooke said:

Have you installed David's RAD Restrictions and Directs from the download section ? I guess not from your image.

Italy is Free Route Airspace and there is no official data source available to the community, David's files help overcome this issue but cannot resolve all routes, that is down to the user.

Hi srcooke, I would like some information about your kind answer:

• I have downloaded the files you have shown me (what are they?), but I do not know where to put them.
  • I tried to insert a flight plan from LIMC to LICC but if I click on "Find" in the Route section, PFPX shows me this window. I do not understand, I'm not an expert.

5 minutes ago, Freccia said:

I have downloaded the files you have shown me (what are they?), but I do not know where to put them.

They are files containing direct links for free route airspace, updated restrictions and airport data to aid correct auto-routing.

The included readme file explains exactly how to proceed with there installation.

Hi srcooke, I thank you for the help and now the routes seem decidedly more realistic, but I still have a doubt.
If the LIMC-LICC flight is indeed more realistic (see figure below), the one from LICC to LIRF seems more bizarre. In the image that I enclose, in fact, before arriving at the Rome airport, the route follows a strange and absolutely unrealistic ride. Can you explain why? Thank you.

LIMC-LICC

LICC-LIRF

On 2/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, srcooke said:

Thank you, srcooke. This was usefull for me too.

When you prefile a flightplan on VATSIM it adds a *vfps* at the beginning of your remarks section on the network. This stands for Vatsim Flightplan Prefile System if I’m not mistaken.

No idea why you would add this into a Pfpx flightplan.

Maybe the user got confused by this and tried to force PFPX to add it always? 

It is certainly not related to any real world procedure, thus it fails your validation.

2 hours ago, srcooke said:

The Special Flight Status 'STS' setting 'VFPS' is invalid and nor is it from the PFPX options.

You are entering this manually ?

I have no idea how this came about in the plan.
I removed "VFPS" from the STS and the error no longer appeared.
Thank you very much for the help.
best regards,

Manuel

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

When you prefile a flightplan on VATSIM it adds a *vfps* at the beginning of your remarks section on the network. This stands for Vatsim Flightplan Prefile System if I’m not mistaken.

No idea why you would add this into a Pfpx flightplan.

Maybe the user got confused by this and tried to force PFPX to add it always? 

It is certainly not related to any real world procedure, thus it fails your validation.

May be on IVAO. Indeed "VFPS" isn't a option.
I removed "VFPS" from the STS and it works.
Thank you very much for the help.
best regards,

Manuel

Archived