Auto pilot not engaging

I started with the tutorial flight.  The flight loaded with the ready to taxi state.  So I decided to just takeoff from KLAX and try my hand flying skills.  After takeoff I set my heading to 250 degrees, tried to engage the autopilot and got 2 beeps and nothing happened.  I tried to disengage and reengage the autopilot but all I got were 2 beeps and nothing happened. What did I do wrong? Using version 1.2.2.3.

Thanks for any help!

Alcheyenne

• Developer

This can happen if there is more than a certain amount of input from the flight controls (yoke, joystick...). The autopilot will disconnect right away in that case. You can either recalibrate your yoke/joystick or change the AP Disconnect Sensitivity on the Options page in DAVE (the tablet on the left side). This should cure the problem.

Hans:

I recalibrated my CH Flightsim yoke and tried each of the disconnect sensitivity selections on the Options page in DAVE without success.  I am going to try adjusting nullzone settings on the yoke and see if that makes any difference.

I noticed that the standard AP disconnect sound occurred when I tried to engage the AP.  Is it correct to say that IF the AP was working correctly then the lights would remain on and pressing the disconnect switch would disengage the AP and produce the disengage sound?  Since I was hand flying the plane and not following a flight plan is it still necessary to engage the flight director?

Thanks for your help!

Alcheyenne

Archived