IGNITION ARMING SWITCH

domm

DC-8    STARTER AND IGNITION ARMING SWITCH don't move

and, none of the rotary switches works, and I cannot start the engines. (Right or left click) ??????

Dom

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you are in hurry, you better open a support ticket at support@aerosoft.com This forum is mainly driven by the community, so you can not expect 7x24 support. ;)

Also you should give some more details around your problem, like

- which sim

- which version of the DC-8 (check that via the ASUpdater)

- did you work through the tutorial?

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

If you are in hurry, you better open a support ticket at support@aerosoft.com This forum is mainly driven by the community, so you can not expect 7x24 support. ;)

And yes I'm in a hurry, in a sense, when we spend the money for an add-on like this DC-8 in question, at this price, we expect to have no problem, -_-
I opened a ticket, and no answer, for the moment. I am used to buying PMDG aircraft of exemplary quality, with trouble-free installation.

I reinstalled and now it works, but still a bug. 🤢                   Not possible to hide the yokes with the yellow air brake handle? that doesn't work. (for the moment)

1 hour ago, domm said:

I am used to buying PMDG aircraft of exemplary quality, with trouble-free installation.

I would say in my experience, that is what I got with the P3Dv4 version of the DC-8 -- exemplary quality and trouble-free installation.  All for less than half of what my PMDG 777 cost.  Something to think about...

Are you flying FSX by chance?  There are known clickspot limitations with FSX.

1 hour ago, domm said:

I reinstalled and now it works, but still a bug. 🤢                   Not possible to hide the yokes with the yellow air brake handle? that doesn't work. (for the moment)

Are you saying, you reinstalled, and now the Ignition switches are working?

And now you have another problem, the yoke-hide clickspot isn't working?

• Developer

The ignition arming switch is controlled with your mouse wheel.  The starter switches respond to left clicks, right clicks or the mouse wheel.  

All the click spots should work, whether in FSX or P3D.  But it would be helpful to know what sim you are using -- FSX or P3D?  I've looked at the VC model for FSX and I see that the click spot to hide the yoke won't work if you have the panel floodlight on -- is that the problem? In P3D this isn't an which is why I haven't noticed it before.  I'll fix this in the next FSX update. In the meantime, assuming this is what's causing your problem, just turn the floodlight off to hide or unhide the  yoke. 

Many click spots that involve turning knobs use only the mouse wheel.

12 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

All for less than half of what my PMDG 777 cost.  Something to think about...

thanks for the answer, and for the info., and thank you for not comparing PMDG with others.
Half price, and half quality

OK after reinstallation the ignition arming switch works
I am on FSX

Hello Michael2

thanks for the answer, and for the info

OK after reinstallation the ignition arming switch works,  and after your info, OK for the click spot to hide the yoke.

I am on FSX

"Many click spots that involve turning knobs use only the mouse wheel".         Yes I know all that I read in the doc.

Archived