Next update?

Fragged^2

Do you have a list of new features / fixes for a future update? I see you're making the cargo version, awesome.

Top of my wish list would be:

1) IAS and Mach hold modes for climb / descend.

2) Fix for the occasional vertical speed oscillation in cruise.

3) 2D popup for door, GPU and external air controls. The keyboard shortcuts are kinda clunky and I keep forgetting them :)

• Developer
5 hours ago, Fragged^2 said:

1) IAS and Mach hold modes for climb / descend.

These functions were not enabled on the DC-8 as explained in the manual.  Pilots would typically keep a finger on the V/S wheel throughout the climb.

2) Fix for the occasional vertical speed oscillation in cruise.

There is already a fix for this in the version you have and I'm not sure I can make it any better without abandoning the default autopilot and writing a custom one. If it's a problem you can dial down the turbulence in whatever weather program you use, or use the pitch damping mode of the autopilot which was intended for precisely that purpose. 

3) 2D popup for door, GPU and external air controls. The keyboard shortcuts are kinda clunky and I keep forgetting them

This is already done and will be included in the update.  You will bring up the popup with either a key command or by clicking on the mech button on the overhead.

4 hours ago, Michael2 said:

These functions were not enabled on the DC-8 as explained in the manual.  Pilots would typically keep a finger on the V/S wheel throughout the climb.

Shame. Flying the DC8 single pilot is quite a bit of work, having IAS hold would make climbing so much easier :)

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, generale84 said:

climb using V/S in manual is really dangerous in real life....

This is a 1960's era DC-8 they have modelled.  Can you expand on what you mean?

• 1 month later...

in V/S mode, without an A/THR moreover, you can stall your bird very easy if not provide a continuous correction of rate during climb....IAS mode reduce pitch if speed when you loose speed during climb

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, generale84 said:

in V/S mode, without an A/THR moreover, you can stall your bird very easy if not provide a continuous correction of rate during climb....IAS mode reduce pitch if speed when you loose speed during climb

That's why in those days, pilots were real pilots. They flew their birds constantly, during climb they did nothing else than checking their flightpath, speed, attitude and lateral navigation. I flew the DC8(55 and 72CF) in real life(I'm a former flight engineer DC8 and DC10). Those things are obviously to difficult to understand by young people deeply involve in computer technology! Trust me...or not, the DC8 was a very difficult and demanding plane, we were not too much of three to fly it  and the pilots did nothing without me in the rear😂.

Best regards

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

sure, but constant improving of systems reduce the impact of the "human factor" that generate many fatal accidenta in the aviaton.

Then a IAS Holder reduce the load work of pilots meanwhile reduce the possibility of a stall...

Archived