Release: Mega Airport London Heathrow X (by Simwing)

• Aerosoft

I am going to be very brief on this one.

1) We got a major (very complex, very compact, things do not get worse for a scenery designer) airport available for FSX

2) I get an almost fully solid 20 fps on the whole airport (see http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=13688)

3) Now you guys, go and buy this one. It's the first major airport for FSX that has the performance we all needed for so long.

http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/hea.../heathrowx.html

heathrow_1.jpg

heathrow_2.jpg

heathrow_3.jpg

heathrow_4.jpg

heathrow_5.jpg

heathrow_6.jpg

heathrow_7.jpg

heathrow_8.jpg

heathrow_9.jpg

heathrow_10.jpg

heathrow_11.jpg

heathrow_12.jpg

heathrow_13.jpg

heathrow_14.jpg

heathrow_15.jpg

heathrow_16.jpg

heathrow_17.jpg

heathrow_18.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
Will it work with Vista? Looks very nice but i dont want OOMs.

Thank you!

Yes, it will have no problems with Vista.

As explained, Vista only has the defragmentation issue when it starts to run out of memory. This scenery alone will not cause this. We currently know of no FSX add-on (well programmed) that causes it on a clean FSX. It is only in combination of memory hungry applications and add-ons that the issue appears. And to repeat, it is a Vista issue, NOT a issue we can solve in our add-ons.

Hi,

During instalation of Heathrow 2008 fsx it warns me that i must have SP1 installed,Why?

What will happen if i install heathrow 2008 fsx without SP1 installed? Will it work?

I have had difficulty installing SP1 into fsx(it won't install without disc 1 and i have lost the disc's).

Thanks ,Simon.

Hello.

I've a little question too, I've seen during the installation that it asked at some point if we're using SP1 or Acceleration, so my question is do I need to reinstall the scenery after upgrading FSX with the acceleration pack that have yet to be released here in France ? As there is this question I think there is some difference between both options. But just wanted to be sure of it :)

• Developer

Hi,

@smsmith SP1 is mandatory for HeathrowX, otherwise you´ll get lots of problems with the ground layers which are not placed correctly onto the new round earth of FSX. Microsoft solved this issue with SP1.

@wedge When updating to Acceleration you must reinstall HeathrowX with the Acceleration option. Both (HeathrowX SP1 and Acceleration) version are different to match the changes that were made to the FSX with Acceleration, in parts not backward compatible to SP1. Acceleration contains the SP2 for FSX. Later there will be a free download of SP2 at microsoft.

So far future SP2 users should also install the ACCELERATION version of HeathrowX

Thorsten, sim-wings

Thanks for this! I bought the FS9 version as that's my primary sim and I'm really enjoying it. I'm downloading my free FSX version and will see how it goes. Regardless of any performance issues I may or may not have with FSX, please accept my thanks for this free additional product. Much appreciated!

Gavin

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Mega Airport Heathrow X for FSX and between the available files there is also an update to the version 1.01. In the releases notes it says that it works both for FS 2004 and FSX but in the main installation mask it says that it's for FS 2004. So i should install it or not? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft
I don't know if it is caused by the airport, but since I installed Heathrow, I can't fly the A320 anymore. It always freezes at the window view...

I think I have to order the 737...

In FS2004 or FSX?

In FS2004 it is very hard for an scenery to crash an aircraft. In FSX it is a bit easier as aircraft and scenery share the same display routines but it is still hard to see how a specific scenery could crash a specific aircraft. What could be happening is that the complex scenery and complex aircraft together push your graphics memory to problems though.

• 2 weeks later...