Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

Shuttering Throttles.

I am currently using FSX with FSUIPC4 version 4.974. I use Saitek double throttle quadrants for the Twin Otter. I have the throttle quadrant setup with the throttle on first two levers and reversers set to the second two levers with the third levers set to the  condition levers.  When flying at altitude the cockpit few shows the right throttle shuttering. I have re-calibrated the settings in FSUIPC with no luck. I was wondering if anyone who is a Twin Otter fan has any suggestions.

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

I had Saitek quadrants and they do this when they wear out. Should be easy to see if that's the problem in (for example) the Windows calibration screen.

I've seen the same thing. Mine are 3-4 years old, but so far, just going to the calibration screen through the Windows Control Panel/Devices and Printers (without the sim running), then quickly running each lever rapidly but not aggressively up and down through its whole range quiets things down for a while. As Mark suggests, when I first open the screen, I can see the input graph shivering.

Tried the filter mode. I might have to clean the the throttles electronics.  Thanks for all the help.

Dick

Don't try to clean the pots, that only works for a few weeks. replace them, they cost next to nothing.

Replacing the pots is my next step after the technique I described above needs to be repeated more than once a month.

Thanks for the help. I did go into FSUIPC and checked calibration again. reset bata and other settings.  Seems to work better now.

Thanks

Dick

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.