Shuttering Throttles.

bigsky10

I am currently using FSX with FSUIPC4 version 4.974. I use Saitek double throttle quadrants for the Twin Otter. I have the throttle quadrant setup with the throttle on first two levers and reversers set to the second two levers with the third levers set to the  condition levers.  When flying at altitude the cockpit few shows the right throttle shuttering. I have re-calibrated the settings in FSUIPC with no luck. I was wondering if anyone who is a Twin Otter fan has any suggestions.

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've seen the same thing. Mine are 3-4 years old, but so far, just going to the calibration screen through the Windows Control Panel/Devices and Printers (without the sim running), then quickly running each lever rapidly but not aggressively up and down through its whole range quiets things down for a while. As Mark suggests, when I first open the screen, I can see the input graph shivering.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Replacing the pots is my next step after the technique I described above needs to be repeated more than once a month.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived