scenery level issue at EDDS

BumpsyDaisy

Stuttgart has a scenery layer problem for me.  I just installed it into P3Dv4 and the images show you it is below the FTX Europe level.  I'm including images.  I first noticed it after I installed it with FTX Global Vector.  I then used FTX Global Vector with no change.  The scenery is locked at the top (cannot move it at all--a P3D thing.)  I have the FTX Global, Orbx Europe (I have not bought the Germany LC yet). 

Thank you for your time and I hope there is a solution. 

Please login to display this image.

I did run the FTX Global Vector for P3D, but how do I deactivate the Stuttgart elevation?  If you mean in the scenery layers, it is locked.  I don't know how to unlock them.  If there is a file in EDDS, I can turn it off....

EDDS should be in the right (disabled elevations) box, just like here:

source: https://www.msflights.net/forum/forum/flight-simulation/add-on-forum/payware-addons/2210-a-few-notes-on-ftx-global-vector-and-mesh

Simply type in „EDDS“ in the upper left box and click on the result in the lower left one. Then click on disable and apply. Once finished you can close the tool and the ellevation should have been has been removed internally from the ORBX scenery.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi EDDS is installed via add-on.xml. As such it is in the normal scenery library on top and not movable. ORBX is normally installed via the classic scenery.cfg. That is no problem, as addons normally have to be above ORBX.

Next make sure that you defined an scenery insertion point inside FTX Central. That should normally be direct above the default scenery.

As addon.xml scenery additions are not contained in scenery.cfg file and Vector does not search addon.xml entries I use Lorby Addon Organiser to merge the scenery to get over the problem.

Install the Addon Organiser linked above.

Run the addon organiser.

On the Backup/Restore tab select 'Export library for external tool' option followed by 'Export library to scenery.cfg'. Leave the warning box active at this point !

Now start Vector and run the Auto-Configuration tool for Airport Elevation Corrections, do not forget to Apply after the scan has completed.

Now close the Lorby warning message and 'Recover original scenery.cfg'. Close Lorby.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived