Jump to content

Stall Warning Does not Work


Gianluca899
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi again, I got a question about the "stall.wav" in the airbus sounds.

is it me or there´s no stall alert yet? I was trying to stall my plane several times and it never has worked. So then I download a ilegal version to look if that was solved...but nop.

For some reason it does not work for me. Is it on the fsx? or why is that .wav sound file there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gianluca899 said:

Hi again, I got a question about the "stall.wav" in the airbus sounds.

is it me or there´s no stall alert yet? I was trying to stall my plane several times and it never has worked. So then I download a ilegal version to look if that was solved...but nop.

For some reason it does not work for me. Is it on the fsx? or why is that .wav sound file there?

 

 And then still expect help ??

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

What I find always sort interesting with ilegal (pirated) products is, how flippantly people install them although they know thise copies went through the hands of hackers. What makes people so sure that it is just the copy protection that got removed? 

 

And now think a moment of what that means along with the general suggestion to install the Airbus with administrative privileges on your machine... 

 

Coming back to the original question: why would you expect an illegal copy of this product behave differently (better) than the one you bought and downloaded directly from the manufacturer? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

What I find always sort interesting with ilegal (pirated) products is, how flippantly people install them although they know thise copies went through the hands of hackers. What makes people so sure that it is just the copy protection that got removed? 

 

And now think a moment of what that means along with the general suggestion to install the Airbus with administrative privileges on your machine... 

 

Coming back to the original question: why would you expect an illegal copy of this product behave differently (better) than the one you bought and downloaded directly from the manufacturer? 

 

Why?

Because I moded some sounds, and MAYBE I did something I didnt got to...And for that reason the .wav sounds didnt work..

And I wanted to make me SURE that it was not the installation...

I dont know NOTHING about how plugins/mods/add-ons works, so I just tried that,

Thats all..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, Gianluca899 said:

Because I moded some sounds, and MAYBE I did something I didnt got to...And for that reason the .wav sounds didnt work..

 

That's an important piece of information which would have been helpful already in the first post.

 

But again my question: why would you think, that an illegal installer would do something else, than the original installer? If you assumed that your modifications might have messed up your system, why not just use the original installer to get things fixed? There is no sense in using an illegal copy and assuming it would do something on your system the original copy wouldn't.

 

It was you who publicly claimed using an illegal product in a manufacturer forum. So you have to stand a few questions about that. Especially as your explanation for using it is not quite logical.

 

 

But coming to your problem: the file name is "ASC_Stall.wav" is, not "stall.wav".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

 

That's an important piece of information which would have been helpful already in the first post.

 

But again my question: why would you think, that an illegal installer would do something else, than the original installer? If you assumed that your modifications might have messed up your system, why not just use the original installer to get things fixed? There is no sense in using an illegal copy and assuming it would do something on your system the original copy wouldn't.

 

It was you who publicly claimed using an illegal product in a manufacturer forum. So you have to stand a few questions about that. Especially as your explanation for using it is not quite logical.

 

 

But coming to your problem: the file name is "ASC_Stall.wav" is, not "stall.wav".

 

Okay, I am sorry, check out those pictures to make you sure I am not a ilegal user.

Its a bit hard to explain when youre just 13 and you are not using your own leaguague (whatever it spells)

Anyway, coming back to the point... I tried several times to fix it but I coudnt.

Thank you for try to help me (:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I am not questioning that you own the Airbus. I am questioning your reasoning in using an illegal copy to fix something for you, what you assume the original installer can't...

Coming to that...

The point is... I just didnt think about it, yes you are right its not a good idea to post speaking of "Ilegal version of the plane", I think I was so stupid to say that,,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please explain how you tried to stall the Airbus? It usually prevents you from doing so (ALPHA FLOOR protection).

 

Okay, first I tried to make the aoa too high (at the limits), trying to loose speed (and fsx give me its stall warning[not airbus])

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

Well, because the Airbus wasn't in a stall situation. The Airbus was in NORMAL LAW, which includes a stall protection.

 

Quote

High Angle of Attack Protection (alpha):

  • When alpha exceeds alpha prot, elevator control switches to alpha protection mode in which angle of attack is proportional to sidestick deflection.
  • Alpha max will not be exceeded even if the pilot applies full aft deflection

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me know if I understand...

When I try to stall the Airbus stall protection is enable and for that reason it doesnt give me any warning. And even if fsx or prepar give me their "stall warning" the airbus is still not stalling. So my question is, why should I do to make my airbus stall correctly, thank you for support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
37 minutes ago, Gianluca899 said:

So my question is, why should I do to make my airbus stall correctly,

 

In NORMAL LAW you simply can't stall an Airbus (not in real world nor in the simulator). And as the Aerosoft Airbus only simulates SOP (standard operations) only NORMAL LAW is implemented/simulated.

 

To get an Airbus into stall in real world you would have to bring it from NORMAL LAW into ALTERNATE LAW, which switches, beside other things, all those protections off. The switch over to ALTERNATE LAW is done by the Airbus itself if multiple failures of redundant systems occur. But then again, ALTERNATE LAW is not simulated by the Aerosoft Airbus, and in real world I guess a regular pilot would risk his license by trying to do so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

.But then again, ALTERNATE LAW is not simulated by the Aerosoft Airbus, and in real world I guess a regular would risk his license by trying to do so.

 

Ok so airbus will never give me a stall warning, and the .wav sound file its just there.

Again thank you for support, and excuse me for be hard to make me understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gianluca899 said:

(...) So my question is, why should I do to make my airbus stall correctly, (...)

 

 

Fly into a massive wind shear in normal law and your Airbus *WILL* stall. The tricky thing is, the moment you enter that huge wind shear, your airspeed information becomes invalid, the Airbus therefore switches into alternate law, so your crash won't be in normal law anymore.   :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I find it funny that the OP was ridiculed simply for grabbing a copy of something he already purchased just for testing purposes. But I digress.

 

I'm not sure why you would want to intentionally stall any commercial jet liner as their wing design becomes unstable in a stalled condition. Even in landings you maintain lift all the way to the ground. Simple fact is the swept back wing of jets is not an ideal design for stall conditions, hence why they use spoilers to destroy remaining lift as opposed to intentionally stalling it.

 

On something like a GA plane that has a straight wing with no spoilers (such as a C172), you flare to a stall just prior to touchdown to destroy remaining lift. But on commercial jet liners with a swept back wing and unstable stall characteristics, you "arm" the ground spoilers on approach and fly it all the way to touchdown. On touchdown, the squat switch on the main gear closes, which triggers the deployment of the ground spoilers, destroying any remaining lift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Another thing to note is that with Airbus, in normal law, envelope protections are in place such that if you get close to stall, Alpha Floor protections activate and trigger TOGA Lock, which send the engines into MCT (Maximum Continuous Thrust). You then have to disarm, then re-arm auto thrust to recover. Not something you want to happen in the flare.

 

As I mentioned above, you don’t do a full stall flare in a swept wing aircraft. The flare is only to reduce the sink rate on landing, but you fly all the way to the ground with the ground spoilers armed so they can destroy any remaining lift on touchdown. You then hold the nose up and allow the derotation to happen naturally while using back stick to slow the derotation until all stick authority is gone. Use only enough back stick to keep the nose up but not so much that you lift off again. Very small movements here. You should reach a point where the nose touches down just at the point where the stick is all the way back. Basically continuing to fly the nose until it stops flying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...