Antarctica X

elsmoko

A few years ago I bought the boxed version of Antarctica X for my FSX Accel.  How do I determine if I have the latest version ?

I've noticed that there is a version 1.3 available and I'd like to know if it's for me.  It appears to be primarily for P3D users;  but

are there any improvements included in V1.3 for FSX users?

I've had to deal with many large graphics issues after my recent install of the Orbx Global LC and Vector.  I also have

FS Global installed so it's been fun (a bit of sarcasm here) trying to determine how to correct all the graphic anomalies

that have suddenly appeared in Antarctica..

I was able to rid the biggest / most ugly ones at McMurdo NZWD by uninstalling / reinstalling Antarctica  X.and then

disabling two of the Orbx Vector files (AEC_NZWD and APT_NZWD >> changing their file name extensions from ".bgl" to  ".OFF"..

BUTT,  the original (default FSX) NZWD runways are still visible and raised about 10 feet above the terrain / ice,

a few miles away from the very fine Aerosoft Antarctica X  NZWD runways, taxiways, parking etc.  I have not looked

at NZPG or other areas but I'm guessing that there may be more work to do.  BTW, it's worth it. 

Any tips for ridding FSX of the default NZWD runways will be welcome.

Thank you,

Ken

Please login to display this image.

Hi Mathijs,

I found files in FTX Orbx Vector (mesh) that were causing the old default rwy mounds to be visible  above the ice surface in the Antarctica X scenery.

These conflicting files are all in the   ..\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery     folder.

For those who have the issue,  locate every file with NZWD or  NZPG in the filename (ie. ABP_NZWD.bgl,   APT_NZWD,  etc).  There will be only

three or four files.  Change their filename extensions from bgl to OFF to disable them  and the unwanted runway mounds will vanish,   along with

a few other undesirable graphic annoyances ~:)

Still appear to have traces of texture remaining where the old runways were  (but no more ugly mounds),  and I'll  happily live with it........ 

For those of us that have installed Orbx Vector,  I'm guessing that other Australia X air fields will need similar treatment.  So far I've only flown McMurdo.

Some  before and after screen shots below.

Best to all,

Ken Boardman

NZWD > "before"

NZWD > "after"

NZPG > "before"

NZPG > "after"

NZPG > "before"

NZPG > "after"

Hi Ken,

Thanks for figuring this out and explaining a fix.

I have now dropped a mail to the ORBX guys explaining the situation and suggested an Antarctica X compatibility checkbox for the FTXC control panel of FTX Vector. This will probably the easiest solution but I can't make any promises yet (also depends if they come up with a better idea - always possible).

Bests,

Sascha

Archived