APC Controller use in P3D V4

sydney1962

Have following question,

Wil APC controller used in airports like Prague, Zurich ,Split and Berlin Tegel working in 64 Bits surrounding without a total makeover.

because airports using SODE also need a different version then used in 32bit surrounding.

rgds.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post your question next time into the correct forum. I have moved it for you.

Have a look here (and also read all following posts):

have read whole topic, but doesn;t stated where I was looking for, it only is going over Prague airport , but nothing about

combination of all 4 airports activated what never good worked, because all airports where using different versions of 

the apc controllers and during installation every time a good working version was overwritten by another version, what

caused again issues on the earlier installed airport.

I could never have activated all 4 airports in my scenery.cfg without issues on 1 of the 4 airports.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 56 Minuten, sydney1962 sagte:

have read whole topic, but doesn;t stated where I was looking for, it only is going over Prague airport , but nothing about

combination of all 4 airports activated what never good worked, because all airports where using different versions of 

the apc controllers and during installation every time a good working version was overwritten by another version, what

caused again issues on the earlier installed airport.

I could never have activated all 4 airports in my scenery.cfg without issues on 1 of the 4 airports.

If you want all 4 Airports working, ckeck this:

With this technique all 4 are running on my system. It's an installer issue. But with the upcoming P3Dv4 installers, that will hopefully be fixed.

Here is my apc.cfg with all 4 airports in P3Dv3.

apc.cfg

Take note of different APC Versions:

EDDT 1.02: 1.0.23.60715

LKPR 1.05: 1.0.23.60715

LSZH 1.04: 1.0.23.60715

LDSP 1.43: 1.0.19.60602

jetwaypatch: 1.0.26.60731

You can Install in that order in P3Dv4:

LDSP, EDDT, LSZH, LKPR, jetwaypatch

Then use my apc.cfg and edit the paths inside the file, matching your setup.

At last run the P3Dv3toP3Dv4 tool.

thanks for your reply , I already know this but as you stated all sceneries are using different apc versions, I really cannot

follow why this is not repaired long time ago  to make installers using same versions for all airports.

as soon as there is an update or any other issue where it is necessary to install 1 of the airports again,

you can start over from scratch.

when reading yesterday comment from PMDG that porting over P3D V3 scenery into P3D V4 will bring instability

and CTD , don't want use them without having correct P3D V4 installers, made via LM P3D V4 SDK rules.

• Deputy Sheriffs

With different sceneries using a component like the APC you will always run into situations, where a newer scenery uses a never component version, while older sceneries still have an older version inlcuded. It is not possible to always update all installers of all sceneries using this component.

Imho the way SODE is doing it, is the right way to do also here: using a separated installer for the APC and make sure that it's API is stable over different versions not to brake compatibility for older sceneries.

10 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

when reading yesterday comment from PMDG that porting over P3D V3 scenery into P3D V4 will bring instability

and CTD , don't want use them without having correct P3D V4 installers, made via LM P3D V4 SDK rules.

An add-on, regardless if scenery or aircraft or any other tool, that claims P3Dv4 compatibility must of course make sure to use the correct APIs. Otherwise it simply is not compatible.

The rule which was also true in the past for older P3D version applies also here: just because an add-on is compatible with P3D Version n doesn't mean, that it is automatically also compatible with version n+1. There were always always lots of people trying to make that argument, but that simply ignored the real world of software development.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 13 Minuten, sydney1962 sagte:

thanks for your reply , I already know this but as you stated all sceneries are using different apc versions, I really cannot

follow why this is not repaired long time ago  to make installers using same versions for all airports.

as soon as there is an update or any other issue where it is necessary to install 1 of the airports again,

you can start over from scratch.

All airports work fine with the latest APC version. That is placed in a common folder.

often the airports don't need a change to work in p3dv4, that's just try and error. If you add it manually or use a installer makes no difference. If you do it manually by copy oder from a old p3dv3 install, you should make sure, that you grab all files in all folders.

Hi Bob,

I did as you described it in your topic #4 but apart from Praha (this works fine) all other Airports, in my case EDDT and LZSH , are not displayed right.

There are ie the taxiways missing and in Zurich are only the buildings and runways visible....so it is not useable.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 58 Minuten, holi sagte:

Hi Bob,

I did as you described it in your topic #4 but apart from Praha (this works fine) all other Airports, in my case EDDT and LZSH , are not displayed right.

There are ie the taxiways missing and in Zurich are only the buildings and runways visible....so it is not useable.

Hi, have you done the backup and copy back action of my linked post? If you haven't done that, there are some airport specific files missing.

Yes Bob,

I followed exact the procedure, as I did for V3 before. But no successs for P3DV4....Praha is working fine, no problem!... but LZSH and EDDT are not displayed right! Both Airports the groundpoly is missing and therefore no Taxiways and markings, just the default FS ground!

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, holi sagte:

Yes Bob,

I followed exact the procedure, as I did for V3 before. But no successs for P3DV4....Praha is working fine, no problem!... but LZSH and EDDT are not displayed right! Both Airports the groundpoly is missing and therefore no Taxiways and markings, just the default FS ground!

I will try myself. But maybe these airports are not compatible with v4.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 17.6.2017 at 17:07, holi sagte:

Would be great!

Thank you!

EDDT and LSZH are until now not compatible with v4. You have to wait.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2017 at 11:46 PM, masterhawk said:

If you want all 4 Airports working, ckeck this:

With this technique all 4 are running on my system. It's an installer issue. But with the upcoming P3Dv4 installers, that will hopefully be fixed.

Here is my apc.cfg with all 4 airports in P3Dv3.

apc.cfg

Take note of different APC Versions:

EDDT 1.02: 1.0.23.60715

LKPR 1.05: 1.0.23.60715

LSZH 1.04: 1.0.23.60715

LDSP 1.43: 1.0.19.60602

jetwaypatch: 1.0.26.60731

You can Install in that order in P3Dv4:

LDSP, EDDT, LSZH, LKPR, jetwaypatch

Then use my apc.cfg and edit the paths inside the file, matching your setup.

At last run the P3Dv3toP3Dv4 tool.

Hi,

I can't open your apc.cfg file and where can I find P3Dv3toP3Dv4 tool?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 29 Minuten, ornmat sagte:

Hi,

I can't open your apc.cfg file and where can I find P3Dv3toP3Dv4 tool?

You you will find the tool here:

My cfg is offline. Tegel and Zürich doesn't work with v4. There is a update in development. 

18 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

You you will find the tool here:

My cfg is offline. Tegel and Zürich doesn't work with v4. There is a update in development. 

You mean "APC-to-P3Dv4" tool?

37 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Yes

Yeah, have it, but when I try to run my Configurator Tool I get this error.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , ornmat sagte:

Yeah, have it, but when I try to run my Configurator Tool I get this error.

The best would be, if you post in the topic, where you downloaded the tool, there the developer can give support.

11 hours ago, masterhawk said:

The best would be, if you post in the topic, where you downloaded the tool, there the developer can give support.

It installed with MA Prague

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 minute, ornmat sagte:

It installed with MA Prague

Yes, but I have no Idea about that error. 

The other topic is the one for Prague. There is the developer of Prague (Premek/xhtlabs) and a team member (darrian) who give excellent support.

Archived