CTD so often that I have to abandon some Aerosoft products

camaflight

Almost every time I fly into Paris Charles De Gaulle I get CTD. Not allways, but let's say 90 %. That also happens when I fly over Paris.

Every time I fly into Madrid Barajas I find a weird mesh terrain with amongst others in the Madrid area LEMD on a top of a rock.

Starting at both airports mentioned is no problem. No CTD or weird mesh.

Landing at Berlin Tegel the aircraft makes a jump just after landing at RW 26L, so this RW cant be used. ( The other direction RW 8R is OK even if I roll on to the end.)

Not so often, but it happens though; I experience CTD when flying into Frankfurt Main EDDF.

All of the sceneries are from Aerosoft.

For Paris I also have Flight Paris Base Pack and Simu Design Orly Scenery.

To solve the problems I have tried in a structural way to move every third party mesh scenery I have , one by one, covering almost the whole world. I have disabled the SRTM_3ARCSEC.bgl from the ISD Olbia scenery. I have made every update available from the Aerosoft.

A new problem, only happening quite a few times though, is when after experience that the ground crew in AES - you know the man giving the hand signal on left/right handside - is not moving his legs, but just floats on the ground and freezes when giving the hand signal - I then allways experience some lower FPS and end up just after take off with CTD.

So, as you now understand I am onto a final solution by abandoning LFPG by disabling it together with LEMD. I still want to use the EDDF, but its rather annoying allways having this uncertain feeling about a CTD to come or not.

My computer specs are as follows:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

System Type X86-based PC

Asus P5WD2 Premium, I955X, Socket-775 SATAII,

ATX, Dual-GbLAN, DDR2, PCI-Ex16

XFX GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express,

Dual-DVI, VIVO, 450MHz

2 X Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 1024MB CL5 Kit

w/two matched CM2X512A-6400 Dimm's = 2048 MB

Intel Pentium 4 660 3.6GHz Socket LGA775, 2MB,

EM64T,

Sound Blaster Audigy

Sony DWQ28AB2 IDE DVD+R/+RW and DVD-R/-RW (Dual Layer

2 X Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM = 500 GB

Hello camaflight,

Do you get these crashes if you fly the same flight at say midnight so FS is using night time textures, as it is known that 3rd party ground textures such as FSscene have caused un-explained crashes. Also make sure that you dont have duplicate AFCADS for the airports where the crashes happen.

As for the airports being on a weird mesh terrain this may be an incompatibilty problem witha 3rd party scenery thats installed, disable all other meshes and scenery you have installed excepet the affected scenery and the defaults then check again to see if the scenery is correct, then add them back till you find the scenery that is causing the problem.

Thanks for answer.

It happens both day and night.

Regarding mesh addons I disabled all of them, but the problem with LEMD was still there, being on top of a rock. I then disabled all addons for Spain except Aerosoft New Spanish airports. The problem was still there.

I then totaly disabled the addon scenery folder, no change.....

Some 3rd party sceneries were still enabled though - such as Aerosoft and other shareware and in addition the Canary Sim free download scenery.

I assume from you answer that I'm pretty alone with these problems, so I can disable the Aersoft sceneries as mentioned, sad thoug - or I can try once more to search for the root of the problems.

As a result of my previous seaches I found that I had multiple files with Gary's trees, placed in several folders, like Sceneryworld and base in addition to several adon scenery folders. I deleted all these bgl'es and installed just one single pack of them. This has made the sim go smoother over all ( I guess those places where Garys trees are present.

However, the problems with the Aerosoft sceneries mentiones still are present.

Maybe I have other similar sources of mal functioning bgl'es or textures, like those from EZ-scenery and RW12. Or NIVIDIA still has not managed to make a good driver for us that use MS FS. I thought I had a fairly good display card, but maybe it isn't good enough for flight simming after all......

Not my business, really, but the most likely two causes for CTD's in FS9 are :

1) not updated to FS2004 9.1

2) some missing or damaged texture file in your FS2004 setup somewhere.

Since CTD's are NOT at all common anymore in FS9 (not after 3 years of it being on the market and supported by a myriad of forums), there usually is something fundamentally wrong with the user's PC/setup.

So here's something to try and help you forward and back into 'fun' again:

The best and easiest way to get things back in order (AND to confirm that various add-ons are not at fault) is to install a SECOND FS9 installations on your PC (a CLEAN one) and add the add-ons you suspect to be 'wrong' onto your clean installation.. ONE BY ONE (and TEST inbetween installing them ! :wink: ).

I bet you'll find that there are no more problems and your original issues are caused by one or the other file that has gone wrong over time, adding many add-ons.. or faulty ones.

François

• Aerosoft

Since CTD's are NOT at all common anymore in FS9 (not after 3 years of it being on the market and supported by a myriad of forums), there usually is something fundamentally wrong with the user's PC/setup.

The best and easiest way to get things back in order (AND to confirm that various add-ons are not at fault) is to install a SECOND FS9 installations on your PC (a CLEAN one) and add the add-ons you suspect to be 'wrong' onto your clean installation.. ONE BY ONE (and TEST inbetween installing them ! :wink: ).

I bet you'll find that there are no more problems and your original issues are caused by one or the other file that has gone wrong over time, adding many add-ons.. or faulty ones.

François

I have to confirm the findings from Francois, by far the most CTD's are caused by texture replacement product found on internet sites. This is a constant and repeating issue for our support.

François

Well, I'm afraid yor're right Francois.

Not with the 9.1 - I have that - but with one or more damaged textures.

I am very accurate with all installations and have a very strict order/structure with all my folders and files making text notes etc for documentation of what and where I make changes and so on. But to avoid getting a damaged texture file into all of it is practical impossible. So I guess that in the end I have to go that really hard way to find a way out of it.

I just stopped and wondered about the CTD's and the weird mesh thing comming when flying into an area where a Aerosoft scenery is present.

Since I'm rather alone with these problems the answer then seems to lay with my computer.......

Anyway, I am thankkful to you all for your assitance, advice and that you responded to my issue.

Carl

Part of the problem is that it doesn't matter how careful you are, Windows most definately isn't. Defrag programs can regularly cause file corruption, Windows itself overwrites critical files many times a minute in certain situations.

My first advice would be to go through the scenery library and untick everything that isn't default, then activate them a few at a time (say one continent, or state if you have that many) and, when it crashes, you have a much better idea of where exactly the problem is rather than just "Aerosoft products". It took me a day to find, isolate and and install a patch I had missed for one scenery that prevented FS loading. The problem, incidentally, was not with the scenery that actually caused the crash when I went near it, but with another scenery that I was nowhere near at the time!

It's not, unfortunately, as straight forward as "it crashes when I reach here, so this is the scenery at fault". FS doesn't work that way. WOuld have saved me a lot of grief if it did! :lol:

Cheers,

Ian P.

The problem of Madrid is caused by one of the ISD-Sceneries . I dont remember exactly which one, but by activating / deactivating the ISD-sceneries I finally found out which one was the evil one. Then I renamed the ending of the .bgl files to .bg_ one after the other until I found the one causing the problem. And then Madrid looks loke it should. :D

Not like before when the Airports are on the top of high hills :shock:

Greetings

Christian

The problem of Madrid is caused by one of the ISD-Sceneries . I dont remember exactly which one, but by activating / deactivating the ISD-sceneries I finally found out which one was the evil one. Then I renamed the ending of the .bgl files to .bg_ one after the other until I found the one causing the problem. And then Madrid looks loke it should. :D

Not like before when the Airports are on the top of high hills :shock:

Greetings

Christian

If you read my initial post, you will see I am allready aware of that POSSIBLE bug, but disable the bgl in question did'nt help at all.