Insufficient fuel capacity for RW A321 flight

fwedz

I was trying to fly KSFO to KJFK with an A321 which is a real world flight (Jet Blue 416). My Aerosoft Airbus X Fuel Planner is indicating that my flight model does not have enough fuel capacity to make this flight. I presume there are variations of the A321 in the real world with additional fuel capabilities. Is it not possible for me to configure the Aerosoft model to fly this distance? 

Thanks for any advice on this subject!

fred ziker

Fred,

Just checked and verified the fuel planner is working correctly, though the numbers aren't as accurate as they could be.

Using SIMBRIEF, I come up with maximum passengers of about 158 with zero cargo for a 2267 miles trip and 5% Contingency Fuel, which works out to be 21,364Kgs and should be at maximum load of 19,151Kgs at Takeoff (and below MTOW).

The same flight with the Airbus X Fuel Planner gives me 20,680Kgs for fuel at the gate, which gets you beneath the 19,151 at Takeoff (and below MTOW)..

I used SimBrief as I don't have/use PFPX.

Hope this helps!

To perform mid haul flights you would want to backup and edit the file 'MCDU2c' found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_MCDU2 and change it to a max fuel figure you want or know highlighted in red.

<!-- A321 -->
 (L:AB_TypeIdent, number) 41 ==
 (L:AB_TypeIdent, number) 42 == ||
 if{
  220 (&gt;L:MCDU2_FP_max_Pax, number)
  17.00 (&gt;L:MCDU2_FP_max_Cargo, number)
  32.80 (&gt;L:MCDU2_FP_max_Fuel, number)
  89.00 (&gt;L:MCDU2_FP_max_Tow, number)
  46.86 (&gt;L:MCDU2_FP_empty_weight, number)

And also edit the file Aircraft_A320_321.xml found in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FuelPlanner\AircraftData and change the red figures to what you want or know highlighted in red (Make sure its under the A321 type section and not A320 unless you want to).

<!-- Design weights -->
  <mtow>89000</mtow>
  <mtw>89400</mtw>
  <mlw>75000</mlw>
  <bow>46856</bow>
  <mzfw>73800</mzfw>
  <maxpayload>19900</maxpayload>
  <centertank>20274</centertank>
  <lefttank>6263</lefttank>
  <righttank>6263</righttank>
  <maxfuelonboard_kg>32800</maxfuelonboard_kg>
 <maxusablefuel_kg>32500</maxusablefuel_kg>
 <maxusablefuel_gal>8585.6</maxusablefuel_gal>

I uploaded my edited files from V1.31 if you want to copy them, make sure you back up your original files and use mine at your own risk note my max fuel figure for MCDU2c is 25.00

MCDU2c.xml

Aircraft_320_321.xml

The reason for the above btw is that there are different fuel tank configurations available for the A321. We model the one used the  most, but some airlines such as Jetblue or Airberlin have additional bigger center tanks installed and so they can load more fuel to do flights such as the one you mentioned.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived