> 250 kts under 10K ft

bobterri6

As an Aerosoft Airbus newbie I'm doing generally well learning the systems and flying the planes.  The only problem I'm having is keeping the plane under 250 kts until 10,000 feet.  I set climb thrust and engage AP and the plane performs flawlessly except it creeps just a bit above 250 kts.  Usually, 2 or 3 kts above, but sometimes as much as 260 Kts.  Since I fly on several VAs that monitor this, it counts against me in my score.  What am I missing?

You mean the ch. 6 pdf.? Yes. I also watched Mr. Cobolman's excellent videos (several times). That's why everything else is functioning so well.  I will go back through it again.  is there a specific section of ch. 6 that addresses my problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best is to show a screenshot of such a situation, where the PFD, ND, left MCDU with the relevant part of the FPL and FCU is visible

Tried this option and it did not limit the speed to under 250 kts.  With climb thrust set and AP engaged it kept under 250 nicely until 9500 ft. and then surged to 262 kts between there and 10000.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tried this option and it did not limit the speed to under 250 kts.  With climb thrust set and AP engaged it kept under 250 nicely until 9500 ft. and then surged to 262 kts between there and 10000.

Why dont you simply do what I've asked you for?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using ASN also? If yes put the turb settings at around 40 when flying the AS Airbus. This can have consequences for your Aircraft/AP behaviour. Btw, everything around 10kts +/- is normal behaviour for the RW Airbus as long as it is not happening all the time and the AP corrects for it eventually.

I use As2012 still.  Interesting about the RW variance of 10kts +/-.  In the MCDU1 Flightplan config, I notice the (LIM) setting is 250 KTS.  Is there anyway to program the (LIM) setting to 240 KTS?

I want to say, first of all, that this product is absolutely fantastic!  I am enjoying my flying experience with my Aerosoft Airbuses and am doing quite well with them except for the occasional spike above 250 kts under 10K feet.  Other than that, this product is phenomenal.

I also want to thank those who have tried to help me with this problem and I do intend on getting a couple of screenshots up of the situation per the request by Mopperle. It's on my to-do list. With the holidays and, now, with a motherboard that just gave up on me (New computer on order), It's been difficult to do so.

However, and I do say this with all due respect, my first post on this forum has been a less than stellar experience.  First, I got a negative response from someone. I have no clue why.  Maybe someone can help me out and explain what I did to earn that.  If I have made a mistake I would like to have the opportunity to correct what I did wrong.  Second, it is marked "answered" and it hasn't really been answered.

Lastly, I have been reading the manual and have "googled" my problem.  I haven't found an answer myself or I would have never posted this.

Hi there,

As mentioned above, turbulence and changes in wind direction and speed can both affect the airspeed faster than the automatics can correct, both in the Aerosoft Airbus and also in real life.

In the real thing you can change the descent speed limit by performing a VERT REV on the (LIM) pseudo-waypoint: I'm not sure whether this is modelled or not in the Aerosoft bus. If not, the best solution would be to go to selected speed. To be completely honest, I think your VA's FDM programme is a little over-zealous: in most of the world there are plenty of routine circumstances where one may fly >250kt below FL100, and even if the airline SOP is not to exceed 250kt below FL100 then in any event momentary (or even more than momentary) excursions of a knot or two should not really be raising FOQA flags. However, this can be the case in real life as well and in that case, as any other: if the automatics are not behaving satisfactorily then it is necessary to intervene manually (i.e. go to selected modes, or even disengage the automatics altogether if necessary).

Hope that helps!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived