Airbus A318-A321 v1.31 availability

Dear Sirs:

Just to comment that I'm quite surprised for the incredible long time development cycle of the AS products. It's been almost a month and a half P3Dv3 was released and yet we're waiting for Airbus X versions compatible with P3Dv3. Consider this, as other developers are catching up with new competing products (examples are several, but just to mention Corfu, EHAM, and others...).

Edward

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Edward, 

I am also a little bit puzzled by your question as the main reason for the 1.31 release about a week ago was the P3Dv3 compatibility. 

By the way, there will never be an Airbus X or an Airbus X Extended version for P3Dv3. These are both discontinued products. Only their successor the A318/A319 resp. A320/A321 is with is newest version 1.31 compatible to P3Dv3. 

Hi Tom:

My comment was mainly due to the release of v1.31 for A320/A321 a week ago, but v1.31 for A318/A319 was still pending, until I noticed today that this last one was released already (exactly when?, last Thursday, Friday?). I was waiting for the release of the A318/A319 to do a one-time installation of all the buses. I understand that v1.31 is compatible with P3Dv3, so no doubts in this regard. When I said Airbus X I was in fact refering to the A318/A319 and A320/A321, so no doubts either regarding the product line.

There should be for sure a technical reason behind the long time required by AS to make these products (A318 thru A321) compatible with P3Dv3, while in other cases (like PMDG, Carenado, just to mention a few) updates were realeased almost inmediately with the P3Dv3 release, and this is my point, only this.

As you could see I could not afford to live in P3Dv3 without my AS airbuses!!!.

Thanks and regards,

Edward

The installer I downloaded for both planes seemed to be for both the A318/A319 and the A320/A321 and they installed perfectly. I think that they are both properly updated. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Edward, 

the v1.31 A320/A321 package was released last Monday, the v1.31 A318/A319 package just a day later on Tuesday. Admittedly the release notification post of the A318/A319 package was only done on Thursday. But is had been posted in tons of topics already on Tuesday here in the forums.

Please do not forget the fact, that AS not only just have these two products, but dozens of others as well, which need to be taken care of. 

Of course other companies had released P3Dv3 compatible installers for their products earlier. And so did AS, but just not for the buses. And talking about others, I am still waiting for a new installer from a certain scenery provider that will make my flight experience in Norway be as great as it was before in P3Dv2.5 ;) But as they also have tons of other things to update, like AS have, things do not happen immediately.

And one final word on this: unlike LM, who is making a huge amount of money out of their v3 (they don't even feel it necessary to offer special update licenses), no one else in the business is getting any money for the work they have to put into making their products compatible again. Taking this into account it be possible that for a manufacturer it is more important to keep his focus on projects/products he is earning money with, then to get them delayed too much because of LM. 

Hi Tom:

19 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Edward, 

the v1.31 A320/A321 package was released last Monday, the v1.31 A318/A319 package just a day later on Tuesday. Admittedly the release notification post of the A318/A319 package was only done on Thursday. But is had been posted in tons of topics already on Tuesday here in the forums.

Please do not forget the fact, that AS not only just have these two products, but dozens of others as well, which need to be taken care of. 

Of course other companies had released P3Dv3 compatible installers for their products earlier. And so did AS, but just not for the buses. And talking about others, I am still waiting for a new installer from a certain scenery provider that will make my flight experience in Norway be as great as it was before in P3Dv2.5 ;) But as they also have tons of other things to update, like AS have, things do not happen immediately.

And one final word on this: unlike LM, who is making a huge amount of money out of their v3 (they don't even feel it necessary to offer special update licenses), no one else in the business is getting any money for the work they have to put into making their products compatible again. Taking this into account it be possible that for a manufacturer it is more important to keep his focus on projects/products he is earning money with, then to get them delayed too much because of LM. 

Final word is clear enough. Hopefully AS will continue to offer their excellent products to the community.

Regards,

Edward

Now let me also add one final thing on why it took so "long":

As you know we're current developing the A330 and since the releasedate of P3Dv3 was only announced a few days prior to the actual release (was it two days?) what should we have done?
The A330 software is still very much in development, and even though we have quite some nice things coming up there, we couldn't just take the WIP A330 files, quickly convert them back into A320 files and then release that.
Therefore we had to go back to the 1.30 with hotfix f and start developing from there again. Now this of course includes the developers having to get back into the old code (believe me, even for me as support/tester it was quite hard to get back into what works/what doesn't work in that version after being used to the 330 beta!) and this takes time.

Then we had promised our customers the next update will include this and that, so what to do about this? We just had to do a few things, so these had to be done afterwards based on the old code where so much was done very different for the A330 already!

Then there is the testing process which takes quite some time as for the testers getting back into 1.30f was also quite a difference as they have to "reexperience the bugs", then rereport them and and the developers had to refix them.
That's not exactly how you would work efficiently, but we had no choice.

The other alternative would have been to wait until the A330 release or just make an installer out of 1.30f which both were no real alternatives for us.

That's pretty much the story.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't tell you if you need it, I can only recommend to update on the latest version ;) 

You can get the update directly from the store where you bought the bus.

Archived