APU fuel consuption A318/321 series

TheKordulka

Hello guys.

I have a question to you. Why running APU in Airbus series don't burn the fuel? I stand on the ground 20 min with running APU  and quantity of fuel is the same. Nothing less. It's looks like APU don't burn the fuel. Why?

regards Jarek

The current version of the Aerosoft Airbus has an APU that does burn fuel when working.

Confirm if you have your fuel pumps off. That might account for the problem. Otherwise check the parking spot, like Tom A320 suggested and make sure you are running the latest version of the Airbus. The ability to have an APU burning fuel was added with one of the service packs after the initial release. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is a known bug in the current version that the APU only burns fuels when the engines are on:

The upcoming version 1.31 (P3D v3 Installer) will not fix this as far as I was just able to see. It will be fixed with a later version.

This is incorrect. The bug has already been fixed on one of the hotfixes.

My APU burns fuel with the engines off. I'm pretty sure of that because I was one of the people requesting this feature, and I was really happy once it was corrected. Simply there was not a lot of talking regarding this feature once it became available.

Just try it and see for yourself. It works beautifully.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In this case I will have to check again internally. Today I let the APU run for two hours (far away from any stand, but on the runway) and not fuel was consumed.

Sorry, the last two answer i do not understand. An running APU needs fuel and this reduced the fuel quantity. With engine fuel pumps on these supply the APU, with engine fuel pumps off, an separate APU fuel pumps starts automatically, controled via ECB (Electronic Control Box).

No matter how, the fuel quantity must decrease.

Frank

Sorry, the last two answer i do not understand. An running APU needs fuel and this reduced the fuel quantity. With engine fuel pumps on these supply the APU, with engine fuel pumps off, an separate APU fuel pumps starts automatically, controled via ECB (Electronic Control Box).

No matter how, the fuel quantity must decrease.

Frank

Yes, you are right.

The APU should burn fuel with the fuel pumps off also. That's a bug that is still present as of today's latest hotfix.

Maybe I gave the wrong idea by making a big compliment to the fact that the APU burned fuel per itself. The fact is that over the first builds the APU didn't burned fuel at all. Fuel pumps on or off. The developers forgot to subtract the APU fuel burn to the fuel on board. That was reported and they changed the code to account for that. And now, the APU does burn fuel. Only you have to have the fuel pumps on, that's true. It's not 100% real since, like you said, it should burn fuel either way. Yes. But since Aerosoft always stated that they weren't aiming for a 100% systems modelled product I consider a big victory to have an APU that burns fuel even though not in the most accurate way. That's why I got so happy about that small fix.

You might say that what we need is an APU that is 100% correct. I'd second that. And more. I'd love to have manual engine start capability, for instance. But none of that is/was planned for the product they proposed to design... so we have to live with what we have :)

Archived