- If you want a detailed scenery of Sola, go for his one.
- If you want an accurate/complete/non fictious scenery of Sola with good resolution ground textures, wait for someone else to do it.
Manual says the scenery will show everything at full monthy on "very dense", set that to "extremely dense" instead. Probably the thinnest manual ever btw.
Other features (based on the fact that this scenery looks like Sola from early 2010):
- Heli dolly parked on taxiway boundary on TWY G4. Illegal.
- Static aircraft on apron 13 parked nose out. Not done for real. They have tie downs in the concrete for nose in parking.
- No TACAN.
- Very inaccurate VOR/ZOL
- At Sola traffic cones are used on wingtips/engines on larger aircraft, not light twins/singles. It depends a bit onthe handling agent. Cylindrical orange traffic markers are used to mark curves and sometimes closed areas. Permanently closed manuvering-areas are marked with "danger markers", triangular in cross section and around 2m long/50 cm high. These are of plywood and coloured orange/white striped and can be furnished with red marker light/sandbags. These are collapsible and can be run over without major damage to aircraft.
In the ENZV scenery there is an indiscrete use of what I interpret as representation of our so called "jersey pigs" used around permanent/semi permanent installations on non manuvering areas and car parks. These are of concrete and weighs in excess of 100 kg. Those placed on a closed bit of taxiway intersecting TWY A2 (wrongly labeled TWY A3) and TWY C2 and the closed portion of TWY C, would be considered FOD/dangerous obstacle, for instance.
- No markings for stand 30 through 36.
- Indiscrete use of green containers placed at various places, one near shelter E and one near the engine test barn. One outside hangar 2 and probably one just north of the COB hall between shelter C and D would be better.
- Textures on apron 2/3 and taxiways on the air station looks like gravel and boundaries between grass and same are diffuse to say the least. A very weak feature of the whole scenery.
- SAR PAD and Helipad North completely missing from scenery. This is where the Sea King Mk.43Bs (called Westland WS-61 Sea King in the manual !!) of 330 skv are operated from.
- The 3D grass is "disturbing" and looks oversized, should be gotten rid of completely.
- The Avinor operations building, housing among other things, the fire station is textured strangely on the air side. Also, the driveway for the fire tenders are marked in white but the marking does not correspond with the 4 doors associated with the fire station. Likewise there is a service road going around this same building. If you try that, you'll end up running through one of the garage doors in that same building.
- Block numbers on the doors of the CHC/Heli One hangar are no. 1 for all blocks (!)
And, there's more...
Where I want to congratulate the devs and testers is on the features of the terminal. It looks good.
I understand that the guy that did this scenery cannot have had good access to this airport and I also sense beta testers with a less than average knowledge of this airport.FPS is around 17 near the terminal area with relatively high slider settings, taxiing on TWY L in the aerosoft F-16AM. Approaches at around 20-21. FPS unlimited, Intel i7-860, AMD/ATI5870, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit.