Reduce pitch down attitude during flare

Airbus339

Hello,

this issue has partially been discussed in another thread. However it was off-topic and I'd like to underline it now.

Any chance to reduce the pitch down attitude during flare in the next hotfix?

It's reaaaaaally too strong and if you are a little bit high on short final, doing a descent a little bit steeper than normal it makes you dive in a hard landing (I mean, not a crash, however about -400/-500 ft/min)

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Okay so you said that is was too steep if you are high and/or descending too steep but you say now it is too steep even when you are steady on the glidepath? That really is something else. Might not even be the same issue.

I cannot confirm that.

He says that the pitch down moment applied automaticlly when entering flare mode is to strong, I have already heared this from a real world pilot in this forum, so we might have to talk about it with our pilots to check.

Confirmed.IRL the nose down is very subtle. I think the main problem isn't the total nose down effect but the immediate agressive pitch down.

The initial pitch down should be much softer/slower. Presently you have to pull the sidestick immediately and very noticeable back.

I'm not aware that the FBW limits the vertical speed ?!

I , also can´t control the final flare...i have to perform a good landing, yet.

Also i´d like to ask for the attitude of the A320 on finals with managed speed. 5 degrees pitch up seems a bit high. With the A321, this doesn´t happen.

Surely i am wrong, but liked to share this with you.

Best.

Miquel.

Now the final touchdown is fairly OK. I can manage it around 100 - 200 feet per minutes. However, the final nose down attitude is little bit faster than I saw in real world videos. So I need to to pull back faster to counter that.

We have asked our real pilots to comment on this, but first results are that they did not see anything unrealistic. We'll keep an eye on it.

Please do not change it, if it is the real scenario.

We have asked our real pilots to comment on this, but first results are that they did not see anything unrealistic. We'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you

Let us know about it

there is no bug, is it more a sensitivy issue :

when the aircraft enters to flare mode ( 40 - 50 AGL) the aircraft will receive -2°/sec of vertical pitch to force the pilot to flare the aircraft, this is simulated in the axe, but I must admit that it " seems to be more brutal than IRL" according to video i've watched.

@3:15,

the negative pitch seems to be more smooth than the Axe during flare

The A321 has much more effective double slotted flaps, hence the approach attitude is noticable lower than on the A320.

Also i´d like to ask for the attitude of the A320 on finals with managed speed. 5 degrees pitch up seems a bit high. With the A321, this doesn´t happen.

Thanks. Just for information, the A321 don't have this issue

Hope will be fixed, however: I found the A320 really difficult to land smoothly

Influenced by those differences in final approach pitch, maybe?

Should be, because A320/21 don't have different files for FBW, the file is same for 2, but maybe under the .dll something is different, for A320/21, only dev's can touch it.

Just tried with the A321 and if you fly with the same attitude as with the A320, e.g. 2deg nose up, the pitch down is the same.

Tried it now multiple times and the total effect is (as mentioned a long time ago) only very slightly exaggerated, (if at all) the onset is too sudden.

The effect Airbus tried to replicate is to simulate the effect of closing the thrustlevers in the flare like on a 737, 767 etc.

The nose drops noticable when you close the thrustlevers. That doesn't happen immediately with the full amount (as it's not a stuck fan, broken towershaft etc), but it's much smoother, consistent with thrust reduction.

No, not the same. Haven't examined the AAX A321 exactly but IRL the attitude is 1deg less with conf full compared to the A320/319. With conf 3 the difference is 2.5°.

According to the flare law the nose down effect with a 1deg lower attitude should result in a 20% less pronounced pitch down effect.

Archived