Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Hi Mathjis, I have a question a little bit off topic. Just wondering is the A330 different from A320 and A321 systems wise. Regardless of the range, size and weight. Or it has different nd and so on? Thank u

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Hi Mathjis, I have a question a little bit off topic. Just wondering is the A330 different from A320 and A321 systems wise. Regardless of the range, size and weight. Or it has different nd and so on? Thank u

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

As far as we know the PFD and the ND are identical. But the ECAMs, FMGS, AP and other systems are different.

Guest AlitaliaAirbus

quick question ...

to know, I know it's trivial and not important, the "wheel" of the airbus, one for steering on the ground, turn?

another question, maybe you have already answered, what would be the problems that will slow these days .... I saw that we have passed to be optimistic, to December, pessimistic.

thanks

performance is better than the default A321 they said, so no problem there

I think they said it was "comparable" to the default A321 but I highly doubt a complex addon like this will perform better than a stock FSX model =(. Would be great if it did though.

I think they said it was "comparable" to the default A321 but I highly doubt a complex addon like this will perform better than a stock FSX model =(. Would be great if it did though.

Performance is not as good as on the default, but you can't expect that with the advanced systems and graphics included in this addon. But it's still very nice and better than on many other airliners out there.

Just to give you something to compare: In the Airbus X Exteded I get around 5 fps more than in the 737NGX.

Performance is not as good as on the default, but you can't expect that with the advanced systems and graphics included in this addon. But it's still very nice and better than on many other airliners out there.

Just to give you something to compare: In the Airbus X Exteded I get around 5 fps more than in the 737NGX.

Yep that's what I was thinking. Are you able to say how close it is to the original Airbus X in terms of performance?

On another note I'm guessing SteMapelli died? Haven't seen any more strange posts from him in a while...

Yep that's what I was thinking. Are you able to say how close it is to the original Airbus X in terms of performance?

On another note I'm guessing SteMapelli died? Haven't seen any more strange posts from him in a while...

moderators put him under a status in which every single post from him has to be confirmed by a moderator before it is displayed to the public, that's why you don't see his posts here anymore. I'm sure if he'll post something useful in the future it'll show up here.

Though I didn't fly the original Airbus X for quite some time now the Extended is a little better on my system. But the original Airbus X doesn't perform good on my system anyway. It's a little worse than the NGX and the Extended is a little better than the NGX. But all of this is still subject to change of cause.

For me, I notice no difference in performance, it's just as good. I don't have any hard numbers/averages, I'm strictly talking through use and feel. Like Emi I have better performance in the Extended than in the NGX, as well as better than the J41, and a little better than the QW757.

So you all can compare:

Win 7 64-bit

FSX Gold, SP2 + Accel installed

i7-2600 3.4ghz

Nvidia GT545 1gb

8gb RAM

What's about the typical "air-noise"?

Might you be referring to the airflow noise caused by the extension of the landing lights? It's also a very distinctive feature on the Airbus.

Here goes my question, is this effect included?

moderators put him under a status in which every single post from him has to be confirmed by a moderator before it is displayed to the public, that's why you don't see his posts here anymore. I'm sure if he'll post something useful in the future it'll show up here.

Though I didn't fly the original Airbus X for quite some time now the Extended is a little better on my system. But the original Airbus X doesn't perform good on my system anyway. It's a little worse than the NGX and the Extended is a little better than the NGX. But all of this is still subject to change of cause.

Oh I see...poor him.

Anyway your results with the Airbus X performance are interesting. At least it won't be any worse than the Airbus X. I've been too scared to try the NGX because I figured it would be worse than the Airbus X but now I"m not so sure.

• Aerosoft

performance is better than the default A321 they said, so no problem there

Well with all code that's not something we can say anymore, but it's about 40% to 50% better then the NGX (of course because that has deeper systems).

I am having a lot of fun lately with the original Airbus X. Instead of going from cold and dark to cold and dark again as I did when I bought the plane two years ago (and as I did with the PMDG 737NGX I bought later on) I am using the Airbus X in a 'lighter mode' now. I simply load the taxi state and spend less time preparing everything. I think I am using the plane more as it was intended now. I haven't flown airliners for a year now and I found the Airbus X the easiest and nicest one to quickly get into again. Also thanks to my own checklists which I created way back then. ;)

Anyway, this advanced version is more in depth and more 'hard core' maybe and I am still unsure if I will buy it (because I may not need the extra's it offers) but then again... it will be quite cheap (since I own the original version) and I do suppose it still will be possible to fly it the easy way, just as I fly the old Airbus X...? (My favorite pastime this week is flying the Airbus X with default FSX ATC with HDG in manual mode and altitude in managed mode: it's all very easy to do and it works like a charm, even up to autolanding).

This leads me to the following question (to which I couldn't find an answer): will I still be able to simply load an FSX flightplan into the advanced version? Or do I need to enter the plan into the MCDU manually?

I am having a lot of fun lately with the original Airbus X. Instead of going from cold and dark to cold and dark again as I did when I bought the plane two years ago (and as I did with the PMDG 737NGX I bought later on) I am using the Airbus X in a 'lighter mode' now. I simply load the taxi state and spend less time preparing everything. I think I am using the plane more as it was intended now. I haven't flown airliners for a year now and I found the Airbus X the easiest and nicest one to quickly get into again. Also thanks to my own checklists which I created way back then. ;)

Anyway, this advanced version is more in depth and more 'hard core' maybe and I am still unsure if I will buy it (because I may not need the extra's it offers) but then again... it will be quite cheap (since I own the original version) and I do suppose it still will be possible to fly it the easy way, just as I fly the old Airbus X...? (My favorite pastime this week is flying the Airbus X with default FSX ATC with HDG in manual mode and altitude in managed mode: it's all very easy to do and it works like a charm, even up to autolanding).

This leads me to the following question (to which I couldn't find an answer): will I still be able to simply load an FSX flightplan into the advanced version? Or do I need to enter the plan into the MCDU manually?

As far as I know you'll have to enter it manually, but I think there were some plans about importing FSX plans? Not very sure as I do always enter it manually...

• Aerosoft

As far as I know you'll have to enter it manually, but I think there were some plans about importing FSX plans? Not very sure as I do always enter it manually...

You are able to store and retrieve flight plans but not use the standard flight plans as these do not contain all data.

Archived