Carey

Airbus Professional

Gents,

do we have any further news on the SP1 release and subsequently the use of the CFD ?

rgds

Carey

Would also be in my interest. Waiting for a functional Shared cokpit and all the other promised features. It seriously is a bit annoying to not be able to use the full product. Just to have a basic idea: Do you plan the release in october, or will it be later?

Work on the Connected Flight Deck has resumed yesterday, all those things are not parts that can be completed in a few weeks though!

• Downvote 1

We are looking for people who can help us test CFD though! Contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com for that.

• Upvote 2

vor 21 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Work on the Connected Flight Deck has resumed yesterday, all those things are not parts that can be completed in a few weeks though!

So you mean by that, that customers will probably have to wait at least 1-2 months? Very disappointing...

To be honest, i would rather like the same Shared Cockpit as in FSX, as waiting years for a "better" Version... is there a reason why you start working now? I think we could expect continous work on a product that is published, but not fully functional?

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I am sorry you feel that way. We resumed working on it now because we got limited resources. I would love to have 20 people on this product but we are only with 5.  And of course work has never stopped, but we felt other issues had priority.

We tried to be as open and honest about this as possible, advising people to buy when they feel the feature set is to their liking. Could it be you missed that?

No, I didnt, but publishing the SP1 was planned for 4 weeks after A320/21 Release. This seems to be unrecheable now. The problem is, that it is absolutely unclear, when things will finally get published and because of unclear publishing policy and moving the release date to later many times I cant be sure what to expect when.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tillpauly68 said:

No, I didnt, but publishing the SP1 was planned for 4 weeks after A320/21 Release.

You say it yourself: "planned", not "promised". Plans can always change due to current events, like for example the several bugfix releases in the meantime. So I suggest to simply be a little bit more relaxed and give Aerosoft the time to get things done right instead of trying to push anything.

I would be very relaxed if Aerosoft would do a planing that is a bit more exact. Its always a good idea to plan in some extra time for bugs, etc. . This seemed to be not the case. As an experienced Publisher, Aerosoft should take that into account, or not?

• Downvote 2

I must admit that Aerosoft is one of the best companies to come up with excuses for the delays in bringing out their products, ever since the busses were promises as far back at late 2017, Now it's the delay of the SP1 and "only 5 people on it, or Shit happens" are lame excuses. You're self to blame when we, the customers get "pissed" over an unfinished product. You'll have to learn NEVER to give out a timeline for your products or updates, just do as other companies, and be quiet about it, untill it's a couple of days from release. I know you keep saying that you like to be open about your development, but in my mind it can be too much, since broken promisses again and again is not taken your customers serious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

44 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

I must admit that Aerosoft is one of the best companies to come up with excuses for the delays in bringing out their products,

I think you mistake "excuse" with "explanation".

You'll have to learn NEVER to give out a timeline for your products or updates, just do as other companies, and be quiet about it, untill it's a couple of days from release.

I think it is not up to you to tell Aerosoft how to do their communication just because you can't handle it.

but in my mind it can be too much, since broken promisses again and again is not taken your customers serious.

Reading 100% of a status update or announcement will make sure that you do not mistake "plans" with "promisses".

• Like 2

Yes, I'm sure you would rather use the word explanation for not keeping your schedules, but I can't see it other wise than excuses for AGAIN pushing releases.

And No, I'm not to tell you how to communicate with your customers, cause clearly you don't care about us. you just want our money for a product which is clearly unfinished and nobody can tell if it ever will be.

And no, I can't handle it if you can't live up to your "plans", that not a serious company in my book.

If i'll get banned or blocked or whatever for speaking my mind, then so be it, but I still hope you as company can take some critique, and realize that a cup of coffee and a newspaper is not enough to keep everyone happy.

Best Regards Jlund.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Will the delay with the CFD cause the delay of all the other functions provided in the Sp1 or do you plan to move just the CFD in the SP2?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, klisura said:

Will the delay with the CFD cause the delay of all the other functions provided in the Sp1 or do you plan to move just the CFD in the SP2?

There is no delay with CFD and it's being worked on right now.  It's still not certain whether it will be released as an update or with SP1.  We'll let you know as soon as we do!

Best wishes.

• Downvote 1