Question for developer

Is it possible to add the option to use fsx native landing lights for those using p3d v4?

The CRJ V. 1.06 is performing well without DL in p3d v4.2 on my 2600k/GTX 970, but enabling DL makes the performance unacceptable and I'd like to see where I'm going when taxing at night..

I'm finally able to enjoy the CRJ and I want to thank you for all the updates. Excellent job!

• Aerosoft

No, making it easier on FPS would mean removing parts of the code or the model or to remove features. That simply makes no sense.  Your graphics card is simply not very powerful and P3d V4 simply is highly demanding on that.

I get your point, but not everyone has the big bucks like you and can afford to buy a new video card at $500-1000 us dollars just so that we can enable DL in p3d v4. A feature that is buggy, performs terribly with AA, and last time I checked the CRJ  was designed to work in FSX. It shouldn't be that hard to add the feature. Thanks again!

You can mark this issue as resolved.

I also run a GTX970 but combined with a better CPU. I can run the sim with DL quite well. I also have all those addon's installed that you see in my signature.

Since you have such a terrible performance, I think you either have an install issue or you push your sliders to far to the right. Also a question to ask is what resolution you have. On my end I run in Full HD res. If you go higher, your GC will be unable to deliver the performance (but neither the CPU).

Consider that also with a 1080ti and 8core (16 threaded) CPU you will still be unable to run in 8xSSAA, full right sliders, on a 4K display...

So it's realy hard to say what exactly is bottlenecking your sim without any other informations.

Best regards,

Gerald

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, DJJose said:

I get your point, but not everyone has the big bucks like you and can afford to buy a new video card at $500-1000 us dollars just so that we can enable DL in p3d v4. A feature that is buggy, performs terribly with AA, and last time I checked the CRJ  was designed to work in FSX. It shouldn't be that hard to add the feature. Thanks again!

You can mark this issue as resolved.

We do not consider it buggy and feel it is one of the best advances of P3D. I am sorry we can't create the product you have in mind. But keep in mind the requirements of the SIMULATOR itself without any add-ons. Lockheed advises a 8Gb graphics card for best performance.  Not us but Lockheed. If you have suitable hardware for the simulator (as always that means not close to the minimal requirements) all will be okay. If you want the model to be in the FSX version we suggest using FSX as the simulator.

Archived