East Midlands arrival Antonov An-124 Ruslan

Just now, Paul Golding said:

Nice video Ed........as usual;)

Completely agree Paul!   There is a thread over at Avsim that talks about FS9 being obsolete with P3d V4 and other new sims on the market.  

Ed, your screens and videos completely debunk that theory!;)

You did this AA paint in FS9 for the POSKY 767 that you graciously let me port over to the LDS model...still looks great today even though it was created in FS9, many, many years ago!

Please login to display this image.

If I could get the LDS software working in P3d V4 I'd still be flying it (love the 767)

Regards,

Steve Dra

That's more like it. Two replies from two FS Legends! woohoo!:D

Thank you Paul, I have since found out there are major mistakes with my An-124 panel. (they have been rectified since the video)

Thank you Steve. I will never tire or lose the love for the AAL metal livery. I have a metal AAL skin in progress for the new TDS 757....come to think of it I should put the livery on the TDS 767.

Unfortunately my FS time is short these days but I am far from finished with FS9.:wub:

4 minutes ago, edetroit said:

That's more like it. Two replies from two FS Legends! woohoo!:D

Thank you Paul, I have since found out there are major mistakes with my An-124 panel. (they have been rectified since the video)

Thank you Steve. I will never tire or lose the love for the AAL metal livery. I have a metal AAL skin in progress for the new TDS 757....come to think of it I should put the livery on the TDS 767.

Unfortunately my FS time is short these days but I am far from finished with FS9.:wub:

Hehe....not sure about "legend", but "Senior" FS enthusiast to say the least.  I've been blessed to have a knack for painting, and it completely absorbed me back in the good old days when I was painting for a few freeware groups.  I've since "retired" from painting (on that scale anyway) and paint only planes/liveries that interest me nowadays. 

My most recent project was painting the whole Lufthansa 747-400 fleet on the PMDG Queen, but it was on special request from a former LH 747 pilot who could no longer fly due to medical reasons.  LH is probably my favorite airline and fun to paint to boot.

In fact I'm in a LH Cargo 777F as I type heading to KLAX.

Paul, on the other hand, is a true legend with Dreamfleet lineage in his resume, still one of the best 727's ever made for FS.

In the end, I'm afraid to calculate how many hours of dev, painting and flying time we have between the three of us, but I'm glad to have made the journey with you guys to where we are today in flight simming. ;)

41 minutes ago, steve dra said:

In the end, I'm afraid to calculate how many hours of dev, painting and flying time we have between the three of us, but I'm glad to have made the journey with you guys to where we are today in flight simming

What a wonderful comment Steve. I am also glad to have made the journey with you guys.:hi_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Real Noice.........FS9 is by no means dead (although I don't use it much only for the Q300).  Love that AA paint job!!

7 hours ago, kroswynd said:

Love that AA paint job!!

That was by far the most popular paint for the LDS 767 in its day.  It had well over 17 thousand downloads at Avsim alone, and I know it had thousands more at other sites the paint was uploaded to (not by me but other's who like to copy popular files to their sites for the traffic :rolleyes: )

I know Ed's POSKY rendition had thousands of downloads as well, I think it was his best paint. :D

When Ed agreed to let me port it to the LDS 767 I knew I had to make it perfect. It took me a while but I was not going to rush it. (Although I did post a ton of teaser shots of the work in progress, just to let the simmers know what they were getting when it was done, hehe).

I can't tell you how much I'd love to put those textures on an updated 767, if we could just convince a good dev to make one! (and of course, if Ed gave me permission. LoL)

OMG...Ed..I just looked up the repaint at Avsim and noticed the date...it was over 11 years ago!  Man we are old! :blink: 

Regards,

Steve Dra

East Midlands airport getting more than it's fair share of An-124 action! ...... actually just fixed some basic errors in my panel. :lol:

Archived