Approach Phase

psimpson20

Good question I can't find anything in the FCOM about this, if the metar/atis says wind vrb5kt for example what is the correct entry in the app phase wind section? I know winds that light have no affect on vapp speed so does it actually matter what the entry is.

Hello
I do not know whether it is right.
For VRB05 I use only / 05 th
Looks like this (     ) ° / 5
Is logical to me and I hope it is correct.

CFG874 Bernd

Hi,

after consulting an real pilot (but B737), him say, that VRB winds only exists at weak wind values and that can neglect. At the 737 the crew entry no VRB winds (only possible for takeoff at 737).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Due to the Vapp=Vls + 5 kts it does not matter what value you enter up to and including 5kts. You can also enter any wind direction with winds less than 6 kts as it will make no difference for the Vapp. 

An entry with only (   )/5 is not possible IRL. If the sim allows this it is a bug. Also 5 kts as a tailwind entry must not be seen as worst case. Tailwind in general will increase your GS and therefor you landing distance but for the Vapp it does not matter in this case. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived