Lisbon airport runway lights problem

aletaras

Hello guys,
I have the flight simulator Lockheed Martin Prepar3D 2.5;
as has been solved the problem of the PAPI lights and the runway, the Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, you can solve the same problem in the Mega Airport Lisbon V 2.0?

thank you

Aletaras

• Deputy Sheriffs

The German website SimmersHome holds a patch for Lisbon v2.

You can use e.g. Google Translate to get everything translated. To be able to download the patch you need to create yourself a login on the page. 

Good evening,
I can not register on the site, the last step to overcome the problem of mathematics, very simple, it seems that does not go forward, because I always proposes another math problem.

Aletaras

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is it possible for Aerosoft staff to make the PAPI light fix available to all owners of Lisbon v2 please? Having bought it this afternoon it's disappointing these problems have not been fixed by LM but any help from Aerosoft would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mathijs. Having the PAPI lights extinguish when on finals is not very helpful. Whilst on the subject of Lisbon I see from your other answer there are no plans for animated jetways. Does this include SODE?

Is it unreasonable to expect animated jetways on a Aerosoft Mega Airport package especially when there doesn't appear to be any progress by Oliver on making AES compatible with P3D. Even enabling the default jetways would be an improvement even if they operate somewhat unrealistically. The user could be offered the option of them thereby pleasing everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2016 at 5:34 PM, Tom A320 said:

The German website SimmersHome holds a patch for Lisbon v2.

You can use e.g. Google Translate to get everything translated. To be able to download the patch you need to create yourself a login on the page. 

Tom,

I've followed the link and have successfully registered. But I can't seem to download the file. It mentions a light patch but my issue is with the PAPI lights going out when the aircraft is a few miles out. Will the patch fix that?

It's a pity that Aerosoft can't make this file available to its customers. I know LM messed things up but for those of us who don't speak German I'm really struggling to get the file.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ray, 

the patches from that page only handle runway and taxi lights. As far as I understood they disable the lights the add-on comes with (which are broken) and simply enable default P3D lights. So that is not really a fix but a workaround. A real fix would require the add-on being reworked by using P3D compatible lights. 

For old add-ons it is always difficult to get the developer motivated to work on his old code again. 

But fortunately today with P3Dv4 things look a little bit different, as Aerosoft works with all their developers (internal as external) to evaluate the possibilities to bring old add-ons into the shiny new world of P3Dv4. 

I am not at all involved in this process so I really can't comment on any specific add-on. But unless is hasn't been stated yet, that an add-on will not make it to P3Dv4, I would keep my optimism that it will happen. 

If Lisbon will be reworked of course the PAPIs will be fixed as well. 

Thanks Tom. It's a bit galling that I only bought Lisbon v2 a few weeks ago as I was so fed up with the awful looking terminal textures of v1.

So it seems I either have to put up with the disappearing PAPIs in v2 or revert to v1 where they work but the buildings look awful. :(

Whilst the developer may not have the appetite to keep his code updated he should perhaps be reminded that as long as his product is on sale he does have a certain responsibility to keep it compatible with current versions of P3D & FSX.

53 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry Ray, products are sold 'as is'. Meaning you do not pay for a guarantee for updates when the sim changes.

Wasn't Heathrow Xtended updated to include SODE jetways? In comparison the LPPT PAPI fix is pretty simple from advice I have received. I'm going to try it later today and will report back.

I have managed to navigate the website and have received an email advising the patch will be sent whe time permits.

I appreciate it’s a workaround but as long as the PAPI lights stay on I’ll be happy.

A more prominent notice against the product advising it’s not compatible with v3 would have helped and I wouldn’t have bought it. You live and learn.

Archived