fmgs reseting in flight

ezyezy

Hello.

myself and ,my mate are having issues with shared cockpit.  

We both have navigraph airac data and the most current cycle.  However when one of us changes the fmgs it sometimes resets the fmgs for the other person.  for example in midflight if we get a direct this can cause problems or sometimes when we reach a waypoint and the a.c goes to turn to the next waypoint it resets.

some help would be great.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty.

This is not something our team has experienced before - we have 6 people flying / testing the Bus in shared cockpit several times a week.

Please do me a favor.  Do another flight, and before you push back from the gate check to ensure that the Flight Plan page is identical for both the Pilot and Copilot.  Perform this check at each waypoint to see when/if there is a difference.

Prior to doing this, please double check to ensure that you both have Hot Fix F installed and that both have placed the appropriate files in the correct locations.  There has been a few people who have placed a few files in the wrong place (please see the document at THIS LINK).

Please let us know what you find. I'm sure we can help you get this corrected.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems.

Post the latest Hot Fix, every time we've seen a CTD from the FMS it's been because one or both of the pilots did not have the latest Hot Fix or did not have it installed correctly, and we can reproduce this every single time.

That doesn't mean that you guys haven't found a problem with the NavData, however when you consider the other problem you mentioned, it really seems like there is a Hot Fix problem.

I'm still certainly willing to test this in Shared Cockpit.  Would you please provide the following:

1. What method are you using to connect computers?  (VPN or Port Forwarding).
  2. Have you both read and followed the OVPA CFD Setup Guide (note anything you didn't complete).
  3. Complete Route you were attempting to fly, including airports, SIDs, STARs.
  4. Please tell me the waypoint you experienced the problem at, even if it was on the SID or STAR.
  5. What scenery or AFCAD you were using for the airports. It's very important you give me all the info about the scenery and / or ADCAD FOR EACH PILOT.
  6. Which NAVDATA package (developer and cycle # you BOTH are using).
  7. The version of Hot Fix you both have installed.
  8. A screen shot of the following FROM BOTH PILOT COMPUTERS:
    • General page of the Aerosoft AIrbus Configurator.
    • Screen shot of the contents of the folder located:  C:\Users\[Your User Name]\My Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus

BE SURE TO IDENTIFY WHICH INFORMATION IS FROM WHICH PILOT COMPUTER - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

So we sorted the fmgs issue. But we've found the problem... See my post below.

ly given up.

Theres clearly a problem with my hamachi. 

It's doing something to my Internet connection.   it throws me off of teamspeak, it throws me off of vpilot and also the airbus  itself.

Is there not another program similar to hamachi.

I have this issue below, seems it's a common problem.

http://markrushton.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/hamachi-screwed-up-your-internet-access.html?m=1

ezyezy,

I'm very sorry to hear you are still having problems.  To be honest, I'm not surprised that you are since you're using Hamachi.  Would you consider using Port Forwarding?  It's actually far more simple to setup than Hamachi (I have FULLY evaluated all aspects of Hamachi), and it provides far better security.

We're putting together an online Stream-cast where we'll cover all aspects of Connected Flight Deck and people will be able to speak directly to us to ask questions  or ask questions in writing. We've had a difficult time getting together will all the projects evereone is working, but I'm going to push to try and make it happen in about 5 weeks from now.  Still, I don't want you to have to wait.  So, how about trying Port Forwarding?

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the help.  So last night was our best night so far to date after tryign around 30 connected flight deck flights.

Firstly we have sorted the aerosoft folder (mydocs) and we now both have the same.  This has eliminated the fmgs issues we had.  We managed to do 4 sectors back to back with no issues last night which was fantasic.

We've also sussed the problem.. Its DEFINATLY Hamachi at my end.  Whats happening is when lots of data is being sent down the tunnel it just drops my internet connection to teamspeak , and vpilot.  For example last night it was going fine until we entered London airspace on vatsim with multiple controllers and many vatsim multiplayer aicraft spawning, it just keep throwing teamspeak and vpilot.  

What we also found is, if I am the host of the hamachi session it will not drop the connection to each airbus. just vpilot and teamspeak for some random reason. 

But if my mate Lawrence is the host of the hamachi session it will drop the airbus connection, teamspeak and vpilot. 

So this brings us to port forwarding.  YES PLEASE we would love to try and do port forwarding and we both have no idea where to start with it.

Once again, many thanks for the help.

I'm very happy to hear you guys have made progress.

Okay, a few things i"m going to ask you both to do.

1. Ditch Teamspeak for your flight deck comms. It's okay to use as a meeting or discussing place, in fact I recommend it for that.  But not for flight deck comms, for that you'll want to use Skype without Push to Mute.Talk  selected so you'll have open comms between you both. Trust me, you'll thank me for this.

2.  You guys have, unfortunately, spent A LOT of hours trying to get this to work, and I'm going to ask you both to take just a little more time and read the OVPA Setup Guide.  It covers Port Forwarding (which many find is very easy to do) and it's going to help you keep your computers secure - not just for shared cockpit but for going online.  The Port Forwarding setup is in the Guide.

If you guys have any problems with the information in the Guide, please let me know.  Also, if you have any problems with Port Forwarding, send me the Name Brand and Model numbers of your Modems / Routers, but please use the Guide first - about 98% of all people have their connection issues resolved by using the Guide.

Lastly, I appreciate your time and letting me know how you guys are doing - it's important to me that everyone have a great experience!  Please report back, even if you get everything working.

1. Ditch Teamspeak for your flight deck comms. It's okay to use as a meeting or discussing place, in fact I recommend it for that.  But not for flight deck comms, for that you'll want to use Skype without Push to Mute.Talk  selected so you'll have open comms between you both. Trust me, you'll thank me for this.

I'm going to slightly disagree with you on this point, Dave -- I've been using Teamspeak 3 for CFD comms and it is pretty much flawless in Voice Activated mode: you can also, like Skype, set up a momentary "push to mute" so that your mate doesn't hear your ATC transmissions twice.

Obviously you ideally need to be in a channel on your own and so this may not be ideal on a busy server: but for small VA operations etc it should be fine (certainly is for us at BAV at present).

Thumbs up to everything else though!

Right... So we are making big progress,  we have set up port forwarding today.  So we are going to give it a go again.  Heres our stream if you are interested.Thanks again for all the help

Www.Twitch.TV/tebbsie 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived