CFD, slave get "RETARD RETARD" while TO rotating

Bumpy

Hi,

CFD is running well and synchronized (except QNH settings and some other minor things), but we reproduced a glitch for the slave while doing the take off run and rotating:

- Slave cockpit system callout "RETARD RETARD".

- there is also a little delay for the slave while stopping the AC (while reaching the parking position), about 3 to 6 seconds.

- instand loading the loadsheet from the master is delayed (blinking cargo pax and fuel text) and seam to need mutiple clicks on the instand load button until correctly loaded on both ends.

...we have installed hotfix F correctly, our upload speed/ping are inside/better as requirements, using Hamachi (all datatypes allowed), firewall rules set. We also use same weather and scenery, ACCUFeel addon disabled.

For the weather i strongly recommend ASN, while having the same setting including unchecking the "upper cloud pattern fix" but checking the "Supress local weather changes" option for realistic smoth weather changes while flying into that changing weather areas. Let me add that we also tested some other weather engines with CFD and had not so good results with them.

We've seen these types of problems when someone is using a Wireless network and occasionally when using Hamachi.  It's not the software. Are you guys using either of those?

1st post updated,

no, direct cable connection to the router here, but have to ask the PNF/PM...

Its all known bugs that the slave will hear the retard call on takeoff, hopefully when the update it for the 330 it will get fixed. the delay is probly caused due to latency as his pc tells your pc that your stoping, i have had it whe at cruise my partner is half a mile behind on his screen. the load delay may also be delayed due to latancy. I have all the issues you have just live with them for now while this is being worked on, remember this is the test version which will be rolled out in the A330. the QNH is also a glitch that doesnt sync but aslong as you set the same you safe :)

Guys,

There is no "glitch" on the QNH or a few other switches/items that aren't sync'd.  At this point, not everything can be syn'd, so you'll find a few items which aren't.

Specifically as to the QNH, the Majestic Dash 8/Q400 Pro (for which I've been testing for several years) will sync the altimeters in single cockpit, however by design the two sides (Capt/FO) do not sync.  This reflects how the aircraft actually works (both Captain and FO have to set their altimeters).

What to take away from this is that there are some items that are sync'd, and some which aren't yet sync'd (as we continue some network testing and revisit some protocol related things) and some items which will never be sync'd.

I hope this is helpful.

BUMPY:  Still waiting to hear about your partner's network connection and whether or not you're using Hamachi.

Thanks!

ohh,

ping is between 20 to 23ms, aviable upload bandwith is at least 110KB/s all the time, while i think CFD is using arround 60KB/s of it, and yes we are using Hamachi as written in the 1st. post.

...i still wait for his return regarding the W-LAN question, will also ask if he use DHCP for his local IP (will change to static then).

...we both use the same ISP, in the same town, i have also "Fast Path" ISP service active (better latency duo to prot. restrictions).

however by design the two sides (Capt/FO) do not sync.  This reflects how the aircraft actually works (both Captain and FO have to set their altimeters).

...the point is, for example: if i set the QNH to std, i see it on both sides as this addon wont have the sides independent, but it isnt set then on the other end, which is maybe realistic but a little bit anoying regarding the display.

...i can live with that

If your partner is using a wireless connection and his latency is greater than 120ms then that is the likely culprit. However from what so said this is unlikely. That leaves Hamachi,  which I do not support. It's not the A320 software.

If your partner is using a wireless connection and his latency is greater than 120ms then that is the likely culprit. However from what so said this is unlikely. That leaves Hamachi,  which I do not support. It's not the A320 software.

matty260191 stated, that would be all known bugs, so let me ask you Dave:

...can you confirm that you wont have this problems (especially the "RETARD" callout while taking off), maybe cause of not using Hamachi but port forwarding ?

I have a significant number of hours of CFD in the Airbus, about 4 years in the Majestic Dash 8/Q400 Pro (Development and Beta) and 8 years in the Maddog. Collectively, well over 4000 hours in share cockpit, during which time we've tested numerous network configurations.  For reasons I won't go into, Hamachi can be problematic.  Beyond that I can't tell you exactly what you're problems are because I can't see them or test different things.

However, if both you and you're partner have a solid, low latency network and Internet connection and doesn't have anything interfering with either, and you both have the latest updates properly installed, then my best guess is that Hamachi is contributing, if not causing your issues.

I can't provide any different support than that I already have, except to recommend you follow the OVPA Guides, which includes a troubleshooting guide.  Instead of using what took me years to learn and hours to write, I'm forced to piecemeal and guess, and that doesn't provide you guys with the type of support you rightfully deserve.

I hope this helps, and I wish you guys the very best.

This thread will be closed.

ohh iam realy greatfull that ppl like you help us (diamonds in the dessert) :cheers_s:, but can you simply answer my question:

do you have the "RETARD" issue while takeoff, while not using Hamachi ?

...a simple yes or no would be helpfull.

Bumpy,

I was focusing on your other issues.

You're question about the call was already answered once or twice by other users, one of which mentioned it was a known issue.  The answer is that everyone is getting that in CFD.  Hopefully it will be resolved in a future update.  As things go, this is very minor compared to the connectivity issues you are experiencing.

Thanks Dave,

...it wasnt mentioned in the "CFD Limitations" thread, also it wasnt clear if it would be only known bug cause of using Hamachi.

"As things go, this is very minor compared to the connectivity issues you are experiencing"

...we have no "connectivity issues" when using Hamachi, but iam shure we will find the port forwarding issue soon.

Thank You very much.

Archived