A319, unwanted speed and altitude runup

A phenomenon i have with FSX and also with FSX-SE: about 2 minutes after TO, in autoflight mode, suddenly the horn goes off and speed and altitude are building up like crazy. Everything seems to be normal (speed - smooth climb) and all over sudden, everything runs crazy, horns, speed, climbing at max rate...

I switch off  autothrust and put in on again, and everything is restoring to the right settings again, then the flight continues, sometimes this phenomenon repeats after 5 minutes, sometimes everything stays normal till landing.

If a setting is not correct or missing, why is the same flight  then sometimes succesfull , if a setting is not correct here, i should encounter this problem everytime no ?

I've experienced the exact same issue in P3Dv2. I haven't found specific solutions to the problem yet, but I did discover that the Airbus Bundle carried by most stores has the latest service pack, but not the hot fixes.

I've downloaded and installed the hot fix package, and will be testing it out. Once I have time to complete a test flight, I'll come back and let you know if the hot fix ends up being the solution.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The hotfixes are not included in either the boxed sp3 or the download sp3 version. 

There will be an sp4 as a complete new installer that will include the latest hotfix. 

A phenomenon i have with FSX and also with FSX-SE: about 2 minutes after TO, in autoflight mode, suddenly the horn goes off and speed and altitude are building up like crazy. Everything seems to be normal (speed - smooth climb) and all over sudden, everything runs crazy, horns, speed, climbing at max rate...

I switch off  autothrust and put in on again, and everything is restoring to the right settings again, then the flight continues, sometimes this phenomenon repeats after 5 minutes, sometimes everything stays normal till landing.

If a setting is not correct or missing, why is the same flight  then sometimes succesfull , if a setting is not correct here, i should encounter this problem everytime no ?

I did a test flight tonight, and at least on this flight, there was no longer an issue. I will do more flights when I have time, but I believe installing the hot fix rectified the problem for me.

I can't say for sure if it will help you, but if you don't have the hot fix installed, you may want to try it.

Archived