F-14 A/P not working in P3D 2.5

farman

F-14 for P3D 2.5
I'm continuing to have problems in the AutoPilot management. All worked fine in FSX. Since I switched to P3D the AP functions doesn't work anymore. Just a doubt; maybe that my troubles are due to the fact that I haven't yet installed VRS's TacPack, while I had it in FSX? Couriously, a friend of mine is facing my very same behavior. As soon as I angage the AP, Altitude and Navigation (Engage, Shift+G), ir steers to the left and pitch to earth. Even this guy didn't install anymore the TacPack.

Thanks for any help; It's a pity not to enjoy fully this beautiful bird.
Best regards, Fulvio

Farman, firstly, the F-14 AP can only engage one mode at a time.

In example, only navigation, or altitude hold or TACAN. These cannot be used simultaneously.

I hope this clears things up.

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for your help, it's very kind of you, but... Well, unfortunately I tried to operate this AP in all the possibile combinations; but at no avail.

Anyway, I should like to know why the AP did work properly when flawn in FSX (with TacPack installed) and absolutely unmanageable (same as a friend of mine) in P3D (without the TacPack). In FSX, first I engaged the Navigation and, after that, the Altitude hold. And all worked fine; now, as soon as I engage the Navigation the plane becomes unmanageable - in the way I explained in my post -.

When you're facing two completely different behaviors with the same plane in two different platforms, it's difficult to believe that you're making some mistake, don't you?

Thanks again, Peter; I think that there's some bug in the combination between the avionics functionality and the missing TacPack; I'm only trying to find some reasonable explanation in this weird situation.

Fulvio

Perhaps it may be a simconnect issue.

Sometimes I find that if you try to engage A/P above a certain Mach number it jsut won't work. THe other thing is that if you pause the game while using AP it can become inoperable.
Otherwise, not sure what to say.

Hi Peter, thanks again for your advices. I think the only bug can be the sim-connect issue you're mentioning about. The other situations you're writing about doesn't occurs at all. AP is engaged just after the take off at speeds never exceeding 3/400 knots.

I apologize if I insist; there's some problem in this magnificent plane. Just to remind it: the friend of mine (of my original post) with my same problem faces another bug; the engines shut off as soon as AP is engaged! And I can assure you that this guy may teach lots of things to many software developers! I try to convince myself that the only link between us is the missing TacPack. The plane worked fine and correclty since both of us had installed it in my previous FSX (now switched to P3D 2.5) and his FSX; very soon I'll re-buy the Super Hornet+TacPack hoping all will be fixed.

Fulvio

Hello Fulvio,

One important point on running SimConnect aircraft in P3D. Because it SomConnect works 'under the hood', there are any obvious issues if it is working or not. If you have other complex birds such as Aerosoft airbus or Majestic Dash-8 and they are working OK, then this is likely not the issue.

But, as the person who programmed the Autopilot, I can tell you that the whole AFCS/SAS system doesn't interact with the TacPack on any level.

In the mean time, I will do my best to recreate the problem on my system with P3D v2.5.

Best,

John

As soon as I angage the AP, Altitude and Navigation (Engage, Shift+G), ir steers to the left and pitch to earth.

Okay, quick feedback is that I was not able to reproduce the problems you are describing on a clean install of P3D v2.5.

The problem you describe above actually sounds like it might be in the flight planner. In the F-14 options panel, we included the option follow an altitude path during navigation mode (VEC). The default flight planner, and particularly quick flight plans include poor or absent altitude data, and this will cause the aircraft to seek the ground as the desired altitude.

So I'd request that you post a picture of the option you have selected, and then let's see if we can figure it out from there.

Okay, quick feedback is that I was not able to reproduce the problems you are describing on a clean install of P3D v2.5.

The problem you describe above actually sounds like it might be in the flight planner. In the F-14 options panel, we included the option follow an altitude path during navigation mode (VEC). The default flight planner, and particularly quick flight plans include poor or absent altitude data, and this will cause the aircraft to seek the ground as the desired altitude.

So I'd request that you post a picture of the option you have selected, and then let's see if we can figure it out from there.

Hi John,

1) thanks for your answer. I always uncheck the altitude level linked to the flight plan. Especially because I like to fly at low altitudes on jet planes.

2) It's a bad news the non TacPack interconnection with the AFCS; I hoped greatly in it. In my hangar I have lots of birds, more or less complicate. The first ones are the PMDG 737 and CaptainSim L-1011 & 737, and they works perfectly.

3) This is a real mistery, John; i can assure you that when installed in the former FSX Gold Edition (to which I'll never come back) all the Tomcat functions worked absolutely fine. More, I recently formatted my ":E" hard disc where is installed all the sim stuff (P3D, FS Global Ultimate, add ons etc. etc.). I even reinstalled the Tomcat 3 times - just in case, you know -, but always at no avail. And the only trouble is with this magnificent Tomcat.

4) Just to add mistery to mistery, even a friend of mine faces the same problems in FSX. As soon as the AP and Nav/Vec are engaged after giving the Shift+G command, it becomes unmanageable. It steers to the left and, if you try to change the altitude (without having engaged it), it pitches high by itself. After that the best thing to do is - apart from wearing - disconnect the AP and fly freely.

Thanks again, John, I'll learn better the free flight, after all. There's always a positive side in ev'ry situation :-)

Fulvio

Fulvio,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if this came through, but could you please post a screenshot of the Controls tab for the F-14? It should look like this:

Options.png

Fulvio,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if this came through, but could you please post a screenshot of the Controls tab for the F-14? It should look like this:

Options.png

Hi John,

always on C & D. And this is my initial Control tab

Fulvio

post-97634-0-59065400-1434603174_thumb.j

Archived