Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Aerosoft dhc-2 automatic pilot problems

Eduard Gasull

Hi i have buy the DHC-2 and i must say that i love it. But i have one doubt, the automatic pilot and gps are the same of default in fsx.

In thouse planes you have a swich to change the CDI from nav to gps or form gps to nav, but in dhc-2 i dont see it.

My problem is that i can´t do that the plane follows the gps route.

Any ideas? if no ideas i will open a ticket

thanks for all

cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

The GPSMAP 295 is only a portable device for aviation to give you guidance, but is not connected to an aircrafts autopilot.

In real life the GPSMAP 295 has been discontinued, but the manuals can still be found here:

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/GPSMAP295_PilotsGuide.pdf

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/GPSMAP295_QuickStartGuide.pdf

thanks, okey i have another doubt, its difficult to me to fly it with vor in automatic pilot because it dont direct exactly to the vor, its really extrange, is there a tutorial fligth or any advice to fly vor with dhc-2

thaks so much

cheers

Autopilots in these small planes are not really very precise.

In fact I could not get the AP of my real life 172 to follow a VOR radial a single time! It always turns somewhere, but not towards the VOR as it should (and believe me, I know how to operate it :P).

Autopilots in these small planes are not really very precise.

In fact I could not get the AP of my real life 172 to follow a VOR radial a single time! It always turns somewhere, but not towards the VOR as it should (and believe me, I know how to operate it :P).

hahaha its a disadvantage when you are going to do very long flights and you need to be very very precise with fuel.Because sometimes it gets like 5-8 miles of deviation, and if you are flying to a small aeroculbs with no vor or dme and you have to fly around to see the airport and you don't have any idea of your whole deviation, you can be in a serious problem.

anyway thanks for your answers, in the sim this situation can be challenge and funny. (Not in real life :blowbubble_s: )

That's why you do a flightplan. VFR flying is not just jumping in and doing what you want lol

Just like in an IFR flight you have an OFP and if you handle it correctly you will hardly miss your destination :D

That's why you do a flightplan. VFR flying is not just jumping in and doing what you want lol

Just like in an IFR flight you have an OFP and if you handle it correctly you will hardly miss your destination :D

I wil keep studying =)

Archived