ISA deviation in evaluate option

Hey folks,

today I tried to compare my biases for the B777-300ER and thus entered all the needed values in the evaluate option within the aircraft editor. I noticed that the temperature entered does not affect the performance at all. No change in the TAS or in the fuel flow whatsoever. The biases also do not change. I entered values which equal ISA devs of +10, +20 and even +400 didn't affect the performance numbers.

Is this a general problem in PFPX or is there a bug in the evaluation? The 77W does not have any ISA dev tables in the .txt file, may this cause the explained phenomenon?

Best will be if you submit a ticket directly in the flight sim soft ticketsystem. This would be rather something for the developer to answer than for us or another user.

Hello,

of course if there is no ISA charts fed there is no ISA difference on the calculation.

biases worked on different profiles also, so that -300ER is maybe missing some parts.

which Airplane profile is it coming from? the one from PFPX or from another developper?

just a beta tester and aircraft profile creator.

Phil

The -300ER profile is the standard one from PFPX and has no ISA deviation charts. However, above each chart table, there are two lines which represent the TAS and fuel flow adjustment at ISA deviation. The calculation also works fine, yesterday I flew VHHH-RJAA and had an average ISA deviation of +12 and the actual numbers machted the calculated ones almost perfectly, so it means that in general the temperature is taken into calculation. The only issue I experience where temperature does not have any influence on the biases or on any number (fuel flow, TAS) at all is in the evaluate option.

I will consider opening a ticket. Thanks for your answers!

Skyrock,

yes a ticket is maybe the solution.

i checked on some of the data i have and between isa 0 and let s say isa+10 there is no linear fuel flow or speed adjustment so some short or cut offs has to be made for users. otherwise the file will be bigger.

I opened a ticket and got the following answer:

FlightSimSoft.com | Christian Grill (FlightSimSoft.com)

Jun 14, 22:52

There is indeed an issue in the present release, not taking into account ISA deviation in cruise.
Issue will be fixed for next release.

Great to hear! Thumbs up for the quick answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm for me in V1.22 it works now. The values change when the entered temperature changes.

That's right, it works for me now, too. I've just had to reload the appropriate aircraft types.

Regards,

Mykyta

That's right, it works for me now, too. I've just had to reload the appropriate aircraft types.

Regards,

Mykyta

Hi, please describe what you mean by "reload the appropriate aircraft types", did you have to delete the aircraft you setup and recreate it? 

Hi, please describe what you mean by "reload the appropriate aircraft types", did you have to delete the aircraft you setup and recreate it? 

Yes, that's right. Just backup the current airframe, remove it and add once again.

Archived