Fix Info Page

Darwinian

Hi,

Im currently going through the motions of learning the systems and procedures for the Airbus A319 (which is a great by the way, thanks Aerosoft).

It could be just because i'm new to the whole Airbus thing and i'm missing something, but when i use the FIX INFO page and add a 40nm radius around the arrival airport all is fine. However when i click to make this a waypoint it moves much further back. This can be seen in the attached picture. The blue 40nm radius can be seen but when i've clicked to add the waypoint it has created the waypoint D040EGN which is quite far back from where the 40nm radius intercepts the flightplan. Any help with what I am doing wrong ?

Regards

Darwin

post-119518-0-74017000-1426349318_thumb.

darwin

I too am seeing incorrect "spotting" of the waypoint .. though in my example, closer in !

my suspicion is that this issue involves (as it does in other functions of the fix info / direct to pages) using a true heading as a magnetic one to calculate the intersection given in my example magvar is east.

I believe there is a correction to all this being included in sp3.

cheers

john

post-118540-0-05769800-1426397472_thumb.

post-118540-0-27328800-1426397475_thumb.

post-118540-0-82255900-1426397476_thumb.

i'll try an abeam navaid to see the bearing variance a little better !!

it's all a bit "quirky" for my liking ... eg needing to use true for radials.

cheers

john

yeah, the FIX INFO page seems to be a bit faulty. I've forwarded it to the developers, but the Fix Info page does not have very high priority for us in the A320 series.

We'll surely look into it agian for the A330 though, even though I can't promise a fix.

unfixable glitch (for both the a320 & a330) !!

SP3 isn't even out and you already declare that. Well, since you are so aggressive, I will lock this thread.

Regarding the intial FIX INFO Radius waypoint issue:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/91620-airbus-sp3/page-8?p=665844#entry665844

Archived