DO-27 Scale issues?

altstiff

I love this plane but noticed that when I parked beside a Cessna Caravan my plane (DO-27) was just as large as the Caravan.

Is this true or is the scale of this plane way off?

That would lead to another question, is the default Caravan accurate in size?

The Grand Caravan should be bigger in size and I heard some other guys complaining the default planes fail to reach accurate sizes, but who flies them anyway?

Cessna Caravan/Grand Caravan dimensions:

208A - Wing span 15.88m (52ft 1in), length 11.46m (37ft 7in), height 4.32m (14ft 2in).

Wing area 26.0m2 (279.4sq ft).

208B - Same except for length 12.67m (41ft 7in).

Dornier Do27 Dimensions

Do 27H2 & Q5 - Wing span 12.00m (39ft 5in), length 9.60m (31ft 6in), height 2.80m (9ft 2in).

Wing area 19.4m2 (208.8sq ft).

Well I don't fly the default planes but they are used as GA AI in abundance so I can't avoid them.

I have not noticed this with any other add on planes I own. I have the carenado collection, the DF A36 and B58 and even DA other recent plane the Piper. They all seem to be to scale.

The DO-27 is alot larger than I had thought it was by the specs you have posted but in the game it is larger than the default Cessna GC.

Don't mean to seem anal as it is a masterpiece but the scale is certainly off.

• Developer

You can do a quick check by looking at the NAV ights position which is wing tip measured in feet. The Do in FS is 39.60 ft which is 39ft 5in.

The Caravan seems a littel bit bigger with 52ft 5in versus your real aircraft data. But that is just 10 cm or 4 in. I think we can state both are done accurately.

That would lead to another question, is the default Caravan accurate in size?

Anyone have the FeelThere! Caravan to compare to then :?:

Or, you can compare it to the freeware Do-27 too...

• Aerosoft

Anyone have the FeelThere! Caravan to compare to then :?:

Or, you can compare it to the freeware Do-27 too...

Well, having seen a Do-27 recently in Paderborn I can say it is an aircraft that is amazingly big when you see it.