Insert a PD Place Distance Point in A318/A319

FSC190

Hi,

I like to insert a PD, Place/Distance point into the flight plan. It should be inserted between two waypoints.

PBD is not possible, cause there is no information in the flight plan at the time i.E. ATC told me to be at level 20nm inbound FIX ###

Also there is no distance Circle displayed, when using Fix Info.

Hi Roland,

I got that question 4 days ago in this forum... :)

For example : you`ll need a waypoint 20nm inbound NOLGO ( on flight to Hamburg).

Set in left MCDU scratchpad a name like NOLGO01 or other, what you like.

Set this name before NOLGO. You will get a new window to place the PBD Point.

Write here NOLGO/188/20 ( NOLGO is the referencepoint, 188 the selfcalculated course between NOLGO and AGATI, 20 are the 20nm before NOLGO).

Now you will see the new point NOLGO01 before NOLGO. Ad speed at FL or Altitude for this point at last.

Its not so comfortable as in PMDGs, but its work fine so far. I used it for ARC DME entrance and exits as well.

Viele Grüsse

Lothar ( FSC481)

Hi Lothar :-)

Yes found this too, but what if you do not now the bearing between the too points?

I'm just doing some testing for a flight EGLL EGPO with the FIX INFO on the LAT REV page and found the cyan arc and radial.

That's the good news :-)

In my example I fly from WOBUN to DTY (Part of my FPL)

So I LSKL WOBUN then LSKR1 then Scratchpad DYN LSKL1 then 20 LSKL4 (Radius) and get a cyan circle around DYN.

Line 4 Radius now reads *020 NM 000 034 6000

When I LSKL4 again the cyan circle disapears, and a new Waypoint D20DYN is inserted inbound WOBUN cause WOBUN is less the 20 NM away from DTY.

Now I try to get a PB-Point 10 nm inbound DTY

Same proc again, got a 10nm circle around DTY, Line 4 reads *010 nm 0012 0055 FL163, so far, so good.

But if I now LSKL4 MCDU inserts a new waypoint D010DYN on the same position then DTY, not 10 nm inbound.

That happens with all radiuses smaller than the distance between WOBUN and DTY (17 nm)

That's a bug isn't it?

Oh I forgot to mention, this not in flight, its while planing the route on ground.

hc_471.jpg

hc_472.jpg

hc_475.jpg

Hallo Roland,

I can`t follow your steps. The waypoint DYN (Dongying) is located in China, 4568 nm away from WOBUN ;).

Try it again with VOR DTY ( Daventry).

Otherwise lets wait for the developer to check the bug on it.

noch schönes weekend

Lothar

Vielen Dank, Roland,

yes, I can cofirm that bug. I`ve tried several another waypoints and another routes.

Sometimes it does work one time, but more additional waypoints in a flightplan does`nt work. Just as on your pics the new fixed waypoints lying upon each other without the given distance an are unreadable.

We hope the developer are able to fix the bug in the next revision (?).

During controlled online flying its a important function.

Lothar

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, it is no bug in the sense of a bug. This is a feature that is not modeled where unfortunately some code is in place. Use it at your own risk. And no, it is not likely to make SP3.

The PD is under consideration as far as I know.

Hi Frank,

ah yes, that's a not working hidden feature. :-)

I nearly understand why Mattijs say's

Q: Is there a extensive MCDU manual?

A: No, there might be an abbreviated manual but as with many parts of this product we prefer to explain things as we go along in the Step By Step manual. Everything that you will need to know is explained there. There is very little (and nothing of importance) else in the MCDU

I think we have none, because of to many "that is not modeled" "Use it at your own risk" or similar ;-)

But there are many points that are modeled but not explained, so we have to search the web to get answers.

This should not be your intention.

I really started to love this nice bus, but without (for me) such important features and (much more important) without the ability to continue a auto saved flight ,

as I could do with (nearly) every other plane, this plane loses a lot.

Hopefully I look out for the upcoming SP3.

However, I think it is the best bus we can fly at the moment.

Hi Frank,

a post by Joshua Che. in this forum on 11 November last year ("MUST READ - Differences between Extended and Current Airbus Series"), explicitly named two examples of FMGS enhancements for the new bus, and one of them was FIX INFO: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87981-differences-between-extended-and-current-airbus-series/. Therefore I think that the functions of the FIX INFO page should not be regarded as a "feature that is not modeled where unfortunately some code is in place". According to that post the FIX INFO functions should already be implemented, and if they don't work properly, from my customers perspective this is a bug "in the sense of a bug".

Therefore it would be fine if the developers could manage to complete this really helpful feature still in SP3.

Kind Regards

Rainer P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank,

a post by Joshua Che. in this forum on 11 November last year ("MUST READ - Differences between Extended and Current Airbus Series"), explicitly named two examples of FMGS enhancements for the new bus, and one of them was FIX INFO: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87981-differences-between-extended-and-current-airbus-series/. Therefore I think that the functions of the FIX INFO page should not be regarded as a "feature that is not modeled where unfortunately some code is in place". According to that post the FIX INFO functions should already be implemented, and if they don't work properly, from my customers perspective this is a bug "in the sense of a bug".

Therefore it would be fine if the developers could manage to complete this really helpful feature still in SP3.

Kind Regards

Rainer P.

I have just seen this thread. I will check for you

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was the one who advised the devs during the development not to spent any extra time on this feature if it meant that resources were taken away from other features.

I flew with hundreds of different A320 pilots and do you know how many use this useful feature in RL? None.

This is no excuse but I have a different opinion (than yours) of what a mid range product modeled FIX Page looks like that simulates the day to day life of the captain. Sure it would be nice to have the FMGC 100% modeled.

It would be cool if the PD would work because that feature we do use sometimes in RL. With that I mean once every 500 flights or so.

Your opinion on this matter is clear to us and Joshua said he would look into it. Let's see what happens.

Happy landings for now.

This is no excuse...

It would be cool if the PD would work because that feature we do use sometimes in RL.

Joshua said he would look into it. Let's see what happens.

This is a good news.

Thanks,

Sabre.

Yes, that sounds good.

I'm looking hopefully forward, awaiting SP3.

@Frank, thx for your explanation. I see, there is a big difference between real life pilots and us.

When flying online, I often get the clearance to descent FL### and be at level xx nm inbound xyz VOR.

In this case, PD would be a great help.

Yes, that sounds good.

@Frank, thx for your explanation. I see, there is a big difference between real life pilots and us.

When flying online, I often get the clearance to descent FL### and be at level xx nm inbound xyz VOR.

Very true, good point.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, that sounds good.

Can you not just as easily achieve the same result with a "pulled" vertical speed and keeping an eye on the energy circle?

Archived