Default buildings being displayed when Aerosoft London Heathrow is activated

Pilottom

Hi all

I have Aerosoft London Heathrow activated in the scenery library along with ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and the England region installed alongside. Whenever i load up in my aircraft, the default Heathrow scenary is bleeding through the Aerosoft Heathrow scenery. I am positive i have my scenery library properly ordered too. Lastly, i am using Dx10 and the Steve's Dx10 fixer as well.

Thanks you for the help.

Hi Pilottom,

I think I may have a solution to your problem. You said that you have Orbx England installed in your first post. Try navigating to your OIrbx directory in the FSX main folder and follow this path:

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU-ENG-05_SCENERY.

In this folder you'll find lots of bgl files for all the airports included with the England region. You need to rename four files. I would suggest simply adding.OFF to the end of them. The files to rename are:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL

FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL

Doing this will get rid of all the Heathrow objects and buildings that belong to the Orbx region. I do this for any add-on airports I install to any of my Orbx full fat regions.

If this doesn't solve your problem, simlpy remove the .OFF from the files and you're back to where you started.

Hope this helps.

Mick

Thanks for this. I bought Heathrow yesterday and it works brilliantly with 20-40fps on my i5 system but I get a couple of odd effects. Not with the buildings but with the display A380 on the traffic island and the fire training dummy planes. I have 2 sitting one on top of the other. I to have ORBX England and assume that it's to do with this. The buildings and terrain all look as they should. I will try this fix and see if the incorrect objects disappear.

Fixed it for me too thanks. The only thing left is that I have a mixture of concrete and tarmac for the runways and taxi-ways but think this is down to another program controlling textures.

Archived