TopCat forum down for over 3 weeks

I apologise for posting about TopCat forum here but as it's a programme used with PFPX it's the most appropriate place.

The forum has been down for over 3 weeks following a spam attack. This was not the only forum affected - EFB was also attacked - but that one was only down for a day or two.

Is anyone actually aware TopCat forum is still down and is anything being done about it?

I have a question to ask but until the forum is available again it's not possible.

Ray,

i contacted Christian,

i received a lot of spam warning but never been able to deal with them ... moderators lost everything too.

all the best.

Phil

Philippe,

Sorry but are you saying that all posts on the TopCat forum have been lost? I don't understand why when the EFB one was similarly attacked but they just took the forum down whilst they deleted all the spam. All other messages were unaffected. They were back in 48 hours.

When will TopCat forum be back?

Sorry, but we´ve been very busy to get a new version of PFPX and solve issues, so this was on the top of our TO-DO list.

As a one-man company (and Christian works as pilot beside TOPCAT and PFPX) we´ve at the moment limited time.

As soon as possible we´ll have time to get the forum back - until then you´re able to use the support ticket system.

Brgds, Judith

Hi Judith,

Thanks for your post. I'm surprised Christian is the sole developer of both PFPX and TopCat. I thought they were separate developers.

It wasn't an urgent enquiry so I'll bide my time until you're back online.

Philippe,

Sorry but are you saying that all posts on the TopCat forum have been lost? I don't understand why when the EFB one was similarly attacked but they just took the forum down whilst they deleted all the spam. All other messages were unaffected. They were back in 48 hours.

When will TopCat forum be back?

Ray,

no what i said we lost it like you i dont know what is still on for now.

sorry to scare.

i hope we didnt lost everything because the beta test forum had a lot of info too ...

all the best.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

The old TOPCAT forum is now back - in read only! Because of the huge spam attack we´ve decided to close the old one (as there is no new software for old forum available) and start soon a new forum - In meantime, please use the support ticket system at: www.flightsimsoft.com

Brgds, Judith

• 2 months later...

The old TOPCAT forum is now back - in read only! Because of the huge spam attack we´ve decided to close the old one (as there is no new software for old forum available) and start soon a new forum - In meantime, please use the support ticket system at: www.flightsimsoft.com

Brgds, Judith

Hi Judith

Any expectations on the mentioned "soon to be started new forum" or did I miss this announcement?

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived