Speed/Autothrust issue A320 (new aircraft.cfg did not help)

hajoge

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so first of all hello to all and thanks for the great source from members, leads and developers.

Have been using Airbus Extended flying the A320 CFM since March using Step-by-Step Intro and then my own flights. All taxing (using about 37% N1) was smooth and takeoff with both Flex and TOGA went well. Went well means: no overspeed after takeoff, Autothrust kept speed in expected range.

Bought the A318/319+A320/321 bundle and happy to see the new A320 being available. Installed on Friday and since then have issue with the speed of the aircraft. While I also experienced the fluctuation of the engine as noted in another thread, I could correct that with Joshua's proposed change via new aircraft.cfg (see this link).

However the following still always happens: (and yes, followed step-by-step manual)

A) When taxing seems like I can only barly if at all move the thrust lever forward, otherwise the aircraft starts nearly taking off on Taxiway. Specifcall: while previously I used about 36% and never got above 40 on the ground, now with 22% it speeds up to above 40

Even more annoying:

B) When taking off, the autothrust doesn't regulate the speed correctly after being airborne, just continues to gain speed and overspeeds, raising the Masteralarm. Once I then cut back the thrust levers to CLB, Autothrust starts to reduce speed, but during any takeoff (multiple airports, both TOGA and Flex) I get the master alarm as the aircraft overspeeds.

I have installed the proposed change by Joshua (see link mentioned above) but this does only correct the fluctuation, not my still existing high Taxi speed and specifically not the irrating overspeed when taking off.

Any recommendations welcome.

Hi,

I have the same problem with my throttles while taxiing only. The throttle jumps from idle straight to CL, there seems to be nohing in between. It goes from 19% straight up to 50%. I have allready recalibrated my throttle quadrant but no luck. I don't have climb, takeoff or other problems with this Bus and the A318 - 319 work as it should be.

Also tried new config file. It didn't help :-(

Cheers,

Peter

Also check weather as some weather tools give very sudden changes in wind that could influence this.

Interesting that you bring that up. FSRealWX Lite has caused problems with the Airbus X Extended, whereas ActiveSky NEXT has not.

Hi,

My problem is solved. It was not the Accufeel or weather program, it was an old A320 Extended livery that caused my problem.

Just for reference.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived