Departure Navigation Issue

Hi

This could very much be a user issue (me) however I'll fire away and see if anyone has an answer.

When you right click on an aircraft that is departing you get the usual option of having its procedural departure displayed - in some cases there is no procedural departure but the strip shows its destination - no problems yet - not all aircraft use SIDS etc (VFR). This is where it gets annoying though - in these cases it can be a nightmare to find there destination point. Try CHANGI Singapore - I have aircraft leaving and the strip say to: SURGA - you pause the simulation because although you have selected for aircraft to follow SIDS this particular aircraft isn't therefore you need to go searching for the point. This particular point is 188nm South East of CHANGI.

What adds to this particular point is that both STARS and SIDS lead to/from SURGA but the only time it appears is when you select ALL which makes it a little interesting to find :)

I only used CHANGI and the point SURGA as it is probably one of the more difficult points to locate - the issue of a plane wandering off in the direct line of the departing airfield happens on most airfields I have used (if they don't have a procedural departure)

So I suppose my question is are there any quick ways to find a point without pausing and searching?

A function which would be good is the inclusion of a departure interim altitude. I know you can set the initial take-off altitude however it would be good if the strip had the flight plan requested height - This would be the height you would hand the aircraft over to flight centre. I am just clicking on a random height at the moment but that feels so random :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Marc

Hi, it looks like in Navdata SURGA point is not assigned to any runway but instead to all of them with some kind of crazy transition. In such cases GATC can't decide which one to use and it's your task to clear the aircraft to the first point of SID leading to SURGA before takeoff (you can do so by command box).

Also when you hover your mouse cursor over slight strips on the left you'll see that their respective exit points are highlighted on radar screen. Of course they might sometimes be far away and you'll have to zoom out to see them.

Archived