new, need help

Tell the plane to join an approach and the end of the approach the plane won't line up with the runway. a rnav z approach should take the plane down to about 300 feet, i should have to give vectors at the end of an approach. Is this just poor game design? is there something i need to load? how do i get the planes to fly an approach other than visual or ILS?

also, how do you get planes other than commercial airliners landing at airports. KCCR doesn't even have commercial service and its 757 after 757. thanks

Looking further into my first post. The game has an ILS for most airports. I guess what I am looking for is if there is a way to add a decending profile for all approaches not just the ils. Is there a place where i can download these?

Unfortunately GATC doesn't support vertical profiles for approaches other than Visual and ILS/IGS. Because GATC covers all airports available in navigation database it is impossible to cover all of their special approaches, local procedures and other peculiarities. We had to sacrifice some piece of realism to get this diversity of airports.

Because traffic is generated randomly based on basic rules you might see aircraft that don't normally fly there or disproportion of airlines flights. Some may see this as a fault but air traffic simulation is not the main goal of GATC. GATC is about simulation of air traffic controller job who's task is to get all the planes safe on ground and in the air.

I hope this addresses your concerns :)

Thanks for the reply. Is this open source for people that want to code in other approaches at particular airports? Anywhere to download them? Anyway to change the traffic types for an airport?

Your one of the developers? Compliments to you! This is the best ATC simulator I have come across by a land slide. I am a real world pilot that just enjoys moving the planes around while I listen to music in my free time. This really does the trick.

Any suggestions for airports that have lots of smaller aircraft (172, 182, PC-12)? all my local small airports are bringing in 757 and 737s. thanks

Inside GATC you will find build in SDK. You can create and edit aircraft, airlines and airport approaches. Please see if this is what you need ;)

For airport editor you must start classic session at this airport and in help menu proper option will show-up in SDK submenu. Airlines and aircraft can be edited from main menu screen of the GATC.

Archived