Am I able to do -6 OEV?

toga_10

Is there the ability to make a 'waypoint' from a current waypoint? For example, approach into LOWI, I would like to insert a waypoint 6 miles before the VOR OEV? Can I do this, because I know you can in real world...

Regards Thomas.

• Deputy Sheriffs

First to clear up the other thing. You do know that an LOC (ILS) transmitter is not an VOR do you? And I am assuming here you have the (special) LOC DME EAST (or ILS variant) approach programmed. I think herein lies your problem.

I do not have the navdatapro database at hand at the moment but I am guessing that the track distance between OEV and the waypoint that comes before that is less than 6nm. If this is the case OEV/-6 won't work because you can only define new waypoints with a lesser range as the one between these two waypoints.

Could you tell me if I was correct in my assumption or else what approach you are trying to alter?

And just on a side note if you are trying for ultimate realism here: it is prohibited by Airbus to alter database approach procedures. They even go sofar as to state that the STAR may also not be changed once it is programmed into the FPLN. Makes a runway change by ATC rather tricky don't you think? Well, I guess that is one reason that we have an SEC FPLN. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

or else what approach you are trying to alter?

In order to help you with this it would very helpful if you gave us a bit more info. What STAR? What approach? Where did you try to insert OEV/-6? A screenshot perhaps?

PBD = Position/Bearing/Distance

Example: CRI R-176 D-2 would be entered as CRI/176/2.

On that note, is there a PBPB syntax available for the bus, i.e. CRI/176/JFK/253? I know it's implemented in the PMDG products (without the slash between position and bearing i.e. CRI176/JFK253).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, after doing some flights myself in the sim I can tell you now that this is not modeled (the WP/-X) in our sim at present. Maybe we do it with an SP (no promises) but at the latest the A330 will have it.

As a RW workaround use PDB or the FIX page.

Happy Landings

Archived