No weather radar-Rex weather

NineLives

I run REX weather and cannot get any weather showing but I can get the Terrain when button pressed.

Terrain button not pressed and no weather shows (I have the brightness set correctly and the switches as they should be).

However...... when on the ground and the scan is in manual mode I do get some weather markings on the ND but as soon as I leave the ground these suddenly disappear and I am left with the standard black ND.

So my question is - should I see weather on a dry cloudy day with no rain or should I see some weather radar even on a dry cloudy day? Does the weather radar only show rain?

Thanks.

Hi,

you got it already, the WXR only shows rain, not clouds.

(if a pilot wants to see clouds he can look out of his window...)

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you want to get a better understanding of the weather radar I would recommend reading the manufacturers manual of it. It does not only teaches you about all the buttons but also about the system itself with all relevant background information:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/download.php?path=docs&file=Collins_WXR-2100_Operators_Guide.pdf

If you want to get a better understanding of the weather radar I would recommend reading the manufacturers manual of it. It does not only teaches you about all the buttons but also about the system itself with all relevant background information:

http://www.smartcockpit.com/download.php?path=docs&file=Collins_WXR-2100_Operators_Guide.pdf

Hi Tom,

I see you posting that link quite often when it comes to WX radar questions.

Unfortunately, the document does no longer seem to be available (at least for me).

Could you confirm that this link is still valid?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I have just downloaded the file successfully. Maybe you want to try to clear your browser cache or use another browser?

Tom.

Archived