PFD refresh rate

thbrix

Hi Aerosoft!

I have no flown the new Airbus for a couple of days, and i like it a lot, i think you have done a very good job, so thank you!

I have one observation though, and that is, that it seems like i have a low refresh rate on the PDF. I would estimate it to be around 2-5 FPS, and for me that makes it a bit difficult to be precise when handflying. Is the refresh rate hardcoded? can i adjust it? Or is my experience abnormal?

I have very stable fps otherwise, locked at 30 and stays there.

My specs are: 2600K@4,5, GTX670 4gb @ 2560*1440, 8ram, ssd.

Thank in advance

Regards

Thomas

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Refresh rate is fix and will not be changed for now. It is a compromise to get good overall FPS. I can fly perfectly precise with this Framerate so it must be your flying. ;) Less input is more in the Airbus. :)

But to tell you the thruth a little more FPS on the PFD would have been nice yes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I remember Joshuas explanation some time ago the PFD/ND are fixed to 18 FPS. This is an FSX limitation and can't be changed upwards.

• Aerosoft

Hi Aerosoft!

I have no flown the new Airbus for a couple of days, and i like it a lot, i think you have done a very good job, so thank you!

I have one observation though, and that is, that it seems like i have a low refresh rate on the PDF. I would estimate it to be around 2-5 FPS, and for me that makes it a bit difficult to be precise when handflying. Is the refresh rate hardcoded? can i adjust it? Or is my experience abnormal?

I have very stable fps otherwise, locked at 30 and stays there.

My specs are: 2600K@4,5, GTX670 4gb @ 2560*1440, 8ram, ssd.

Thank in advance

Regards

Thomas

Try unlocking and you will probably see better FPS and most likely smoother displays.

I would also like to add my support for adding an option to change the refresh rate of the PFD specifically as I also think that it is too low. I get very good FPS overall with the Airbus so I would like to make the choice to use more resources for the PFD in order to make it smoother. It can't be a limitation of FSX because other aircraft developers have included such a tuning option for their users.

Archived