ECAM not working after latest hotfix

Renea3xx

Well, as the topic says...

I downloaded the A318/319 update today and the ECAM was black. So i downloaded the hotfix which was released today and ticked the "force software rendering". ECAM still black. So i switched the software rendering off. ECAM black. After several reboots and installing the hotfix again and again and trying out different combinations in the Configurator... ECAM black.

I run FSX on Windows Vista - PLEASE HELP!

Salut, J'AI Le Même Problème Que toi. Les 2 ECAM centrales ne fonctionne polo. J'AI auussi télécharger le Correctif J'en reviens Toujours au moment de Départ. (Écran noir). j'espere qu'il solution VONT de trouverla. Tenez-moi au courant S'Il ya des nouvelles?
Bien merci et cordialement.
G. AMENDOLA

Yet I have no problem with airbus x extented it works great. I think the problem must come from the manufacturer aerosoft or may not be compatible with Windows 8? That's 4 days I assai I find the problem it starts exhausting.

• Aerosoft

The software is fully compatible with Windows 8.

I do not agree with you that the software is faulty. Clearly it works with many thousands of other users. There has to be something on your system. That's always very hard for us to debug.

• Aerosoft

Well, as the topic says...

I downloaded the A318/319 update today and the ECAM was black. So i downloaded the hotfix which was released today and ticked the "force software rendering". ECAM still black. So i switched the software rendering off. ECAM black. After several reboots and installing the hotfix again and again and trying out different combinations in the Configurator... ECAM black.

I run FSX on Windows Vista - PLEASE HELP!

Try to re-install the C++ runtime files, could very well they are corrupted.

Hi Mathijs,

after a day of installing (instead of flying) I give up. I tried everything. OS updates, runtime updates, re-installing, old dlls, new dlls, hardware rendering, software rendering... NOTHING.

Can't say how disappointed I am. 20 Euros well spent... :(

Hi Mathijs,

after a day of installing (instead of flying) I give up. I tried everything. OS updates, runtime updates, re-installing, old dlls, new dlls, hardware rendering, software rendering... NOTHING.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Download and install that

Hi! I also have this problem, I bougth the airbus yesterday and I dont have ECAMS before and after the fix, i have win XP sp3 4 gb of ram nvida gtx560 and i5 2500 at 3.30, hope we can find a solution thanks =)

Hi Mathijs,

This looks like your computer is a bit messed-up. You should further try with a clean cfg or a total new FSX installation. Even a total new installation with a current OS (7, 8) might be an option as Windows Vista is not known as the best Windows, even if it is supported.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just checked the HF 1.02 and also can not reproduce it.

@Renea3xx:

- Make sure that your Vista is up to date

- latest MS .NET installed?

- latest MS C++ libraries (2005, 2008 and 2010) installed and up to date?

Just checked the HF 1.02 and also can not reproduce it.

@Renea3xx:

- Make sure that your Vista is up to date

- latest MS .NET installed?

- latest MS C++ libraries (2005, 2008 and 2010) installed and up to date?

Thanks for your help. I did this yesterday. Everything is up to date.

This looks like your computer is a bit messed-up. You should further try with a clean cfg or a total new FSX installation. Even a total new installation with a current OS (7, 8) might be an option as Windows Vista is not known as the best Windows, even if it is supported.

Well, everything else (other add-ons) works, a new installation of FSX or even the OS seems like too much effort for "just" the A319... This will be my last resort.

Thanks for your help guys so far. I am starting to think it is a stupid little bug no one even thinks of... like a switch to turn on the ECAM ;)

Hi Mathijs,

Fine. But that does not give is a lot of information to work on, now does it? Did you take the advice of Joshua?

Yes sir.

Please let me know which information you need... I'm happy to help. I updated everything, the only thing I did not do was reinstall FSX.

Yes sir.

Please let me know which information you need... I'm happy to help. I updated everything, the only thing I did not do was reinstall FSX.

Including the latest link above? (Platform Update Supplement for Windows Vista)

Archived