Throttle Issues

Petermuc

Ok, I tried now for 2 days with no success. Airbus throttles do not move when I use my Saitek throttle quadrant. I tried everything as per this post http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60206-throttle-issues-and-suggestions-for-fixing-them/. I do not know how to set it up with FSX controls, because the throttle quadrant doesn't show in controls; it is connected to the Pro Flight Yoke which goes into the computer.

I have a different location for ASinput .ini (Users\Peter\MyDocuments\Aerosoft\ASinput.ini) whereas Fin has (C:\Users\User_name\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbusExtended\). I know it's for A320/321. Same problem for me there. By the way in which state should the bus be when I load it? In my case both masters are on, but the engines are not running.

Win7/64, FSX SP2

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Of course I did. I have the airbusX since it's release and never had a problem; assigning 1 axis for the trust levers (thru FSX). Now I would like to assign 2 throttle levers thru FSUPIC, because I cannot achieve that with FSX controls.

Somehow the throttle quadrant doesnt show up in FSX controls only the yoke and the leaves me only with 1 axis to assign. If someone can help to make the throttle quadrant show up in FSX controls I am happy to use that.

Thanks.

I understand, maybe something wrong with the installation? I even did a reinstall. Can you confirm the state of the aircraft after first loading of the plane are both masters are on, but the engines are not running?

Thanks Also the location asinput.ini is different then Finn's.

• Aerosoft

That could be, but again if the engines were running it was because you startup situation was with those systems running. My FSX starts with the Airbus Extended engines off.

It's best to always start FSX with a KNOWN setup. The default Trike startup is actually a pretty good one.

Well I did not change the setup from the A320 to the A319 and with A320 engines were running, A319 not even so both masters are on. By the way if I assign only on lever thru FSX control it's working

• Aerosoft

Well I did not change the setup from the A320 to the A319 and with A320 engines were running, A319 not even so both masters are on.

That's also understandable as the loading of those states changed. That has nothing to do with the fact the modules that read you throttle are the same.

Well many thanks for your patience; so it seems that I have a FSUPIC problem; I now did assign only 1 lever (FSX control) for the throttles and it is working.

Maybe someone can help me to assign 2 levers with FSX control even so the Saitek throttle quadrant does not show up separately in FSX controls; only Saitek Proflight Yoke there.

well I had that device and know over time things happen it start to work less accurate but that you only se 1 axis of the throttle quadrant indicates a hardware isssue in the throttle quadrant device i guess. have you tryeid calibration to se if you that way can see the axis for the other 2 axis.

Oh all axis work well, but if you set up the flight yoke you can only assign 1 axis for the throttles; if I calibrate the yoke, I can see all my 3 axis from the quadrant, but as I said the quadrant doesn't show up seperately

in the fsx control window.

ok so windows know all axis but i stil dont understand whats the problem then is.. as then you should be able to select the device and press the engine 1 throttle axis and move the leaver you want and then jump to the next set it to engine 2 throttle axis and you are done.. I am sorry but find it a bit hard to find whats the problem is as since windows see the axis it sould work

ok I have to take a look at whats is goeing on here send me a pm by the content of your file Standard.XML found in the hidden folder by go to desktop in the search type %appdata% and it would open a folder then go throu the folders here

->Microsoft->FSX->Controls in there you find the Standard.XML open it and copy all text in a PM to me and i would look at it..

• Aerosoft

As I said the problem is, that my throttle quadrant doesn't show up in the FSX controls window; I can only assign 1 power axis with the Saitek FLight yoke.

But that is more a problem of FSX and not really related to the Bus. If the axis are not detected by FSX we can't detect them either.

Archived