How will this set-up fare with FSX (and other games)?

Hello,

I know there are people out there who have a better knowledge of building PCs and which components are most suitable, and so therefore I ask on advice and tips and recognition that this set-up is alright. I would like to be able to have FSX running in the background (cruising) and play other games such as CS GO and Minecraft at the same time. I plan on getting the following set-up as seen below.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4x4.00GHz (Turbo 4.40GHz)

Asus Z97-A Motherboard

Vision G-Series V2 Gaming Case

Kingston 8GB DDR3-1866 HyperX FURY

Asus GeForce GTX760 2GB OC (with DirectCU II cooler)

Raidmax 635W Power Supply

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda (7200rpm, 6GB/s)

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Asus Crystal Sound 2 (Dolby Home Threatre & DTS)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I will tweak FSX of course.

I intend on using the following add-ons:

PMDG aircraft

Aerosoft aircraft

Aerosoft sceneries

FlyTampa sceneries

UK2000 sceneries

ENB Series

GSX

ORBX sceneries

FlightBeam sceneries

vPilot & FSInn for VATSIM

Thanks in advance and thank you for your understanding,

Dan

• Deputy Sheriffs

The system set up sounds very good and will run smooth enough when using FSX (keep in mind that maxing out will still result in lag on large airports). I'm missing you cooling though, I would add something like a corsair H100i, well worth the investment when you are going to overclock the core i7

I planning on using medium to high settings, not ultra or max. Since the stock speed of the i7-4790K is 4.00GHz, I only considered overclocking to 4.4 or 4.5GHz if it was possible. I listed a cooler, the Hyper 212 EVO, in my set-up which is probably not the most popular of coolers out there, but I've heard it can do the job and is well worth the money. I am very reluctant with water-cooling systems and would prefer a cooler which is maintenance-free.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The corsair line is maintenance free (their H100 is), it's a closed system which will work for a long time. When you overclock having a good cooling is a must :)

• Aerosoft

I believe a simple watercooling system (around $70) for the CPU (don't mess with adding it to memory or gpu) is a perfect solution these days. Install and never think about it again. I replace mine every 5 years, just as precaution.

The company which has created the configuration I listed above, has a case which will not support the H100i, only the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (normal) and H20 650 (water cooling).

Archived