Coast Guard, nearly ready for release

• Aerosoft

Our Coast Guard Project is nearly ready for departure and today while testing I decided to make a few shots shwoing how I use it.

As the newest Coast Guard cutter leaves Seattle on a dark rainy evening an urgent radio call comes in about a sailing vessel that has hit something and is sinking. As the cutter is at least 75 miles out, a helicopter from some other station is send out. However the cutter increases speed and changes course to be able to assist. (Although simple and limited, the cutter can be sailed around the oceans in FS!)

001.jpg

And that was a good idea, because when the helicopter flies back there is confusion about the number of souls on board. The survivors are either unconsious or to shocked to be able to give a good report. So the cutter makes it to the location. As there is a lot of debris around, it is decided to send the chopper in for a look. A Jayhawk is on board for some landing tests and even though the helicopter is a bit big for the ship, it is fully legal.

002.jpg

When the chopper is going through its hurried preflight, it is obvious the vessel is close to sink into the dark waters of the Pacific. (We now used the Shipyard tool to create a static (scenery) version of the ship and changed to the Jayhawk to fly to the sailing vessel)

003.jpg

Full speed to the ship, hope we get there before it sinks.

004.jpg

005.jpg

We slowly descend, nothing indicates any person on board.

006.jpg

The crew chief decides if it is worthwhile to send the swimmer out to the ship. There are a lot of lines and other stuff floating around so the danger is just too great. So a inflatable has to come from the ship.

007.jpg

The Jayhawk flies back to the ship and the full set of landing aids is used to make a landing in the low visibility conditions.

008.jpg

Guest Redhawk

Hello Mathjis

Looks fantastic.

My question as a proud owner of the Seahawk. How will this be handled, will this be an upgrade to previous owners or will this come to additional costs?

Thanks.

Olli, the Coast Guard Project is a stand alone addon, but existing Seahawk owners will be offered a discount if they decide to purchase the Coast Guard Project. I'm not sure that they have decided how much that will be yet but I'm sure we will find out very soon.

Guest Redhawk
Olli, the Coast Guard Project is a stand alone addon, but existing Seahawk owners will be offered a discount if they decide to purchase the Coast Guard Project. I'm not sure that they have decided how much that will be yet but I'm sure we will find out very soon.

Stewart

Thanks for the answer, keeping the CC on the desk. :lol:

Regards

• Aerosoft
Hello Mathjis

Looks fantastic.

My question as a proud owner of the Seahawk. How will this be handled, will this be an upgrade to previous owners or will this come to additional costs?

Thanks.

It will be 17.20 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) in the standard version and 12.89 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) if you own the Seahawk.

Guest Redhawk

It will be 17.20 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) in the standard version and 12.89 Euro (plus tax when you live in the EEC) if you own the Seahawk.

Mathjis

Thanks for the answer, waiting for the release, getting the Seahawk its brother. :D

Regards

• Aerosoft

Mathjis

Thanks for the answer, waiting for the release, getting the Seahawk its brother. :D

Regards

In fact, the answer has been overhauled. It seemed that there was no reliable way of handling all the online sales, we had to include the simMarket sales and boxed orders. Most boxed customers have not registered their copies so it would be hard for them anyway.

We have decided to use only one price, but we lowered that to 15 Euro (plus VAT when applicable). So for 'new' customers it is a bit less, for customers of Seahawk it is a bit more. A fair solution. Sorry for the confusion, the move to the new shop is not one that goes without some 'issues' to solve, this was just one of them. We (I) should have forseen it, so our apologies for this change at the last moment.

Is there more to it than an upgraded seahawk and the ship? Really looks great, but I get a lot of use out of the existing jayhawk and many of the freeware ships out there, just trying to justify the price to myself since it is a bit more for existing seahawk owners.

Good price for new users though considering how great the base for the new jawhawk is.

• Aerosoft
Is there more to it than an upgraded seahawk and the ship? Really looks great, but I get a lot of use out of the existing jayhawk and many of the freeware ships out there, just trying to justify the price to myself since it is a bit more for existing seahawk owners.

Good price for new users though considering how great the base for the new jawhawk is.

Well, it is a new model and a new ship. But of course the systems are the same and it should be seen as an expansion pack on the Seahawk, certainly not as a replacement.

However, there are many points where I think it is very strong, for example, this smaller ship has far better framerates and landing on it will be easier for many people (certainly as it has the complete landing lighting system. The shipyard tool that allows you to position the ship where YOU like it is another very strong part. It allows you to merge the product far better. In fact any location you fly over that has coast or even better harbors will look a damned lot better if there is a cutter there. I dropped a few around in Misty Moorings, Manhattan etc. That's value for OTHER projects.

But in the end, as we said, if you have the Seahawk, this is an expansion pack for that one, if you don't have the Seahawk and like to try naval aviation you get what we believe is extreme value for money. We priced it at 15 Euro, we believe that is a solid price.

But look at it this way:

Guest Redhawk

In fact, the answer has been overhauled. It seemed that there was no reliable way of handling all the online sales, we had to include the simMarket sales and boxed orders. Most boxed customers have not registered their copies so it would be hard for them anyway.

We have decided to use only one price, but we lowered that to 15 Euro (plus VAT when applicable). So for 'new' customers it is a bit less, for customers of Seahawk it is a bit more. A fair solution. Sorry for the confusion, the move to the new shop is not one that goes without some 'issues' to solve, this was just one of them. We (I) should have forseen it, so our apologies for this change at the last moment.

:lol::lol: Uups hope the add. costs will be granted by my commanding officer.....

Mathjis

Serious, I think the solution is more than correct as the expansion pack is a standalone and an upgrade of the current Seahawk as well and compared th other designers who distribute upgrades as not as an standalone for the double price as a current Seahawk owner I feel treated well and fair.

Thank's

Regards

Hello Mathjis:

I´m a little bit confused regard the price, I payed the download file US$19.08 at the new store. But I am a seahawk owner too. Can´t remeber now if I bought it at simmarket or at the old AS download store. I tried to find the Coast Guard project pack at simmarket with no results. I neither was recognized as a previous seahawk customer by the new AS store.

Is this the right price in dolars for previous seahawk owners or did I do something wrong?

Bests

Mario

(PS: no matter what...great package, very nice!)

This conversation from earlier in this thread myay answer your question :D