Info needed of how use ATIS in FSX

Eduard Gasull

Hey i have a quuestió. In fsx in the huge airports normally therse and option to hear the ATIS with the default ATC, other option is to set the radio to the ATIS frequency that appears in the airport charts. But sometimes in the charts appears that the airport has an ATIS frequency but when i put it on the radio i can't hear the ATIS and the ATC doesn't give me the option the select it.

What can i do in these case? Exist a software or add on for ATIS? i don't fly in ivao or vatsim cause in don't know how to do it, i now they have a METARS service, but i fly with jeppsen online meteorology, Exist a web page with Metars for offline flights but with "fsx rea meteorology"?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Eduard,

FSX's ATC has only access to the native data of default FSX and those data are meanwhile about 8 years old an might not match actual data. Even when you are using an addon FSX's default ATC still only sees the old data.

Only solutions: flying online or use one of the ATC addons available on the market, VoxATC or ProATC/X or others

Using METAR data only makes sense when using a weather addon, so that you have the same weather in FSX like the METAR data you get.

thanks mopperle! i will do this i don't why im scared of flying online. Olli, thats what i do but sometimes in the real life the airport has an ATIS and in FSX No, thats the reason im asking for an atis add-on

Page #20 of the online manual:

"ASN includes a new audio/voice engine which can provide in-sim voice readback of local weather conditions (similar to ATIS), readback of destination conditions (similar to FlightWatch), and readback of a full voice weather briefing (similar to Flight Service weather briefings)."

wooo men! i have looking for the sky active and is just amazing! and so cheap for what it offers. Its seems amazing, do you know if its compatible with rex textures?!

ActiveSky Next does not come with its' own texture set, just weather injection. So what you can do is install REX textures and run ASN for weather injection. Works perfectly together!

i have to wait a little to buy rex because i need a stronger computer, but thats cool! what a beautiful world is FSX

Indeed, and when you add a great texture set...the more beautiful it will become!

If you haven't got any REX textures yet, you should go for the latest REX 4 textures: They offer a much quicker "injection" - texture replacement before firing up the sim - into FSX (in case you'd like to change those textures frequently for keeping up the immersion and for adapting textures to your current weather).

The older REX (3) Essentials + Overdrive are neat enough, though (IMO ...) and have been on sale now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Would say that RX+ASN makes a team difficult to beat...

And once our Weather Radar is developed, the joy will be guaranteed...

Regards

Archived