Oslo taxiway lights

dubliner

Is this what the taxiway lights are supposed to look like? With that extra glowing "orb" in the middle? The product screenshots don't have that round glowing orb.

post-70989-0-86560100-1395020683.jpg

• Aerosoft

I do have REX Essentials light textures, but I would think most users have some third-party lights installed...

I certainly hope not, lol.

We can only make add-ons for FSX, not for FSX and a huge and ever increasing amount of other add-ons. Any moment you change a default bit of FSX incompatibilities can occur.

Really? New runway lights are a pretty standard feature of extremely popular texture replacement packages such as REX, AS2012, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the green glow?

• Aerosoft

Really? New runway lights are a pretty standard feature of extremely popular texture replacement packages such as REX, AS2012, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the green glow?

Yeah but there are many add-ons that change lights as you say. You want different version of all our scenery for all those combinations? That hardly seems fair as the vast majority of users are not using any replacement of standard FSX files.

To be 100% clear. All our projects work with default FSX unless otherwise stated. There is simply no way we can test with all the thousands of add-ons available.

Yeah but there are many add-ons that change lights as you say. You want different version of all our scenery for all those combinations? That hardly seems fair as the vast majority of users are not using any replacement of standard FSX files.

To be 100% clear. All our projects work with default FSX unless otherwise stated. There is simply no way we can test with all the thousands of add-ons available.

I'm not suggesting that at all.

I was simply implying that since many of your customers are no doubt using 3rd party runway lights, and since this particular Oslo taxi light problem is not widespread, it's likely that my 3rd party runway lights are not the cause.

I'm just looking for a solution here. What is the texture that is being called there? That would be a start. Could Jo comment?

• Verified Developer

The "halo effect" were added in a update of the scenery, since some users felt the taxi lights were too dim. (That's why they differ from the screenshots in the product page.)

If you want to remove them add this file to the "..Mega Airport Oslo 2.0/Texture" folder, just remember to back up the original file first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/950abbv2whgb652/taxi_light_fx_lm.dds

Archived