How to join approach procedure by mouseclicks?

Hi guys, does anyone know how to join an approch procedure by mouse. I now use the join-command (J), but that takes a lot of time.

For example, I want a plane flying a SID over the North Sea join the approach procedure I18R_RIV3B from EHAM.

It works fine if you show the RIVER3B on the map and slide the plane to RIVER. It will follow the routing. Below an image I made of the ARTIP3B transition. For this I would point the plane to the first point of this route, ARTIP. The arriving plane will follow this route up to EH621.

river3b.jpg

Oh by the way....

For example, I want a plane flying a SID over the North Sea join the approach procedure I18R_RIV3B from EHAM.

I guess you meant flying a STAR, as a SID is for a departure and STAR for arrivals ;-)

I have noticed some STARs will take an aircraft to line up with Final Approach, while some STARs take the aircraft only to some point (fix) on the screen, perhaps not even heading for the airport! In that case, the aircraft enters a holding pattern. It depends on the particular STAR.

This is an example where a future enhancement to GATC could be of real benefit: provide an option where the SELECTED aircraft displays the full planned track, sort of like the dotted line we see now when an aircraft is directed to a particular fix. But the enhancement would show the full planned track, not just the next fix.

Then when an aircraft is to follow a STAR all the way to Final, we can see that. If it is cleared only to a fix, we can see that too and do something about it before it enters a holding pattern.

I have noticed some STARs will take an aircraft to line up with Final Approach, while some STARs take the aircraft only to some point (fix) on the screen, perhaps not even heading for the airport! In that case, the aircraft enters a holding pattern. It depends on the particular STAR.

This is an example where a future enhancement to GATC could be of real benefit: provide an option where the SELECTED aircraft displays the full planned track, sort of like the dotted line we see now when an aircraft is directed to a particular fix. But the enhancement would show the full planned track, not just the next fix.

Then when an aircraft is to follow a STAR all the way to Final, we can see that. If it is cleared only to a fix, we can see that too and do something about it before it enters a holding pattern.

This one actually sounds nice when I imagined it... Will see what can be done.

Archived